AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Lack of upper level players to attack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Mighke

Ushanewnewba Wrote:
mtngti Wrote:The easy for-now solution seems to be online attacks.

Resonse was to this, not your idea. I agree with "changes need to be made".

The comment above is a "Fine, then I'll take my football home with me" sort of comment. IMO Smile

It didn't really come off like that to me, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion, just like everyone else.
Back on topic please. It's a good topic.
More NPC's, ghosts, no more retirement district, or able to attack gang mates. Smile

Mighke

oh well. looks like the discussion came to a grinding halt. It's too bad.

I feel it was a necessary discussion.

filthymick

this is very off topic, and i apologize.

the first time i read it i thought it said, "Fine, I'll take the football team home with me."

i laughed so hard my son woke up........

Loki

It might have said that, Mick. Things have a way of changing around here. :shock:
I edited it so it would get back on track. People complain that I remove whole topics too fast, so I just wiped out the off-topic stuff.
The solution isn't no more retirement district, and I'm pretty sick at how often that is being suggested as the solution to everything. Honestly, how long will it last? 3-4month? And then most top players are too far ahead of them to barely get decent xp from them.

The solution I think is too get more xp, from attacking, from crimes from training etc. Too get more xp from people with good stats and less from people with bad stats, make the difference noticeable so it would be a proper risk vs reward system.

And I would like to have an introduction of daily/weekly quests based on your career/school that awards a decent load of experience points. Maybe 50xp*level= in my case 1550xp. The quests could be something like, f.ex military quest: Fight people in Industrial district, 5% chance on win to retrieve sensitive military information, or lost military equipment. And would have to use different types of attacks to do different quests.

Make stim prices even lower, the cheaper stim prices are the less people will react to being attacked online and come back to being in hospital after being attacked on 15.01. (You wouldn't believe how serious people took online attacks when small stims costed 1000 each)

And I still like my idea about having a district where XP gain is increased by 30%, if you travel there you have to stay 30min, and hospital times could be shorter there. Short and sweet, just encourage online fighting by making the conditions right for it.

This entire discussion is about that it will eventually be impossible to level up, but this isn't world of warcraft, and I don't think it can be areas where there are only NPC's people can grind on. The solution has to be found in other places, by making it easier to level up through solutions maybe like this:

Keep everything as it is, but increase XP gain.

Add more NPC's = Grind bots

Add new quests, career or schools to make decent xp from.

hunter52070

I'm going to post my comments on this as how I see it.

For the most part, it seems that it's only just the really really high end players that are complaining about this.

To me, it's your own fault, you want to be the fastest, badest in the game, well there is a price to pay for that. You out leveled and out trained everyone else and left them in the dust and now you are complaining that you don't have enough viable targets without doing online hits. That's not the Admin's fault, it's your own.

No there is nothing in the game against online hits, it's always just been that way. I'm not saying that you higher levels have been jerks and said Ok I'm the best doesn't matter what you say I'm going to attack you no matter what. I commend you on this an think that it's been great that you all have not been jerks Smile

But it still comes back to the fact that you all are SO high that the only value in targets are those that are just as active as you. The problem with this is, you two are so powerful that no one else has a chance. (didn't mean to single Vor and Pullo out but they are unbeatable.) So if you guys do start to do online hits, the other ppl who are trying to catch you won't have a chance because they will be in the hospital all the time while onlie.

It's great you guys are the best in the game, however, it sucks to be at the top sometimes.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
the only reason i'm not a fan of attacking online is because of donators

personally i dont have the opportunity to donate, while others do, and that gives a SIGNIFICANT money advantage. if online attacking were commonplace, then members such at myself would be at a huge disadvantage, since stims are already expensive, and then with that added bonus, getting the next house would be fairly impossible

i'm not against online attacks really, but if it became commonplace, i would be more or less screwed and out of a game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Reference URL's