AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Busting Contest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I do declare that all contests are 100% random, you don't even have to log in, you win! Sad
Does this mean with the contest over that I am not broken anymore? lol.

cheetah

This was the second most fun day I have ever had on AL! (First was the Vills Mugging Comp). Yes I spent a good portion of it in jail, but I still had a blast! Thanks Zen for giving us some special days like these comps--once again Admin Girl--YOU ROCK!
Hey Zen, YOU ROCK!!!! I LUV'D this comp, it was THE Best!!! Cant wait for the Results!!

and btw DOH on the bailing u out thing! :shock: Damn backwards name :oops:
zenith Wrote:
smidge Wrote:I don't understand making contests with the same difficulty for every one...all that does is allow the person who clicks the most in one day the winner...I assume it is being done to level the playing field but I still think it should be based on stats...

If you want to mitigate the differences in level than the result should be divided by a number equal to your level or some derivative there of.

GASP! Someone who actually thinks that contests should favor something worked for in game-play rather than be a coin-flip. Most people tend to mail me the opposite, bordering on making these things random luck (raffles).

For contests, keeping a level playing field is the MOST fair. Although this time around, busting people out was the MOST difficult.

All and all, I am loving the semi-once-a-month contests. Most fun.

hitolo

Congrats to the winners! You all deserve it. Smile
I cant believe i had a 3hr nap and still made 7th place!! lol Woot to the Winners!!
Just for the record...

I ran the database query to determine the winners both as how the rules were written AND without anything being deducted from total busts and minutes.

The end result is exactly the same. While some rank changes may have happened this way, the top 3 busts and the top 2 minutes were the same either way.

Menamos

Wow I can't believe it. A special thank you to Moriarty for getting his butt caught committing crimes more than once Razz You gave me a couple 230+ busts Biggrin

Thor

I made a long post that only meant I miss the activity contest, the real ones, where those login in for an hour can't win over those who invest a ton of time in the game AND that isn't random.

Got nothing against contest like this but maybe mix both kind of contest? Luck is rarely on my side Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's