AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: My main problem with the new changes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

shadowinc

Howlsong Wrote:
filthymick Wrote:you know, now i understand why the old war code was deleted in the first place.

Umm, no u have NO clue y the Old code was deleted which is Really Really SAD.

i really do not think they do, they never had to go through it(the low levels at least)there is a simple answer, i think i seen it somewhere in somebodys post about having a district for gangs to war, maybe that would be a good idea but once entered the gang would have to stay there for 24 hours or even the option of having a warrring gang and then a training gag or something like that

chumstain

TheGeek Wrote:Ugh, Chris, Sarge, Sam I Am and LostAngel must be rolling over in their "graves"...

When did the AL community turn into a crapton of whiners? =\ You all seriously need to man up... yikes.

this has been addressed. this isn't whining.

possibly a reason that so many people are unhappy in this game is whenever someone tries to make a suggestion on how to improve the game, a bunch of people jump on them and say they are whining. these are specific suggestions, not just general boo-hooing.
don't let it get you down beefheart, there's all kinds of suggestions and constructive criticism mixed in this thread and i'm sure it will be addressed once zenith is able to go through things. pretty funny too that the person who is telling you to "man up" hasn't even tested out a war under this new code yet.

KillTheMFenemy

LOL PRAY THE STRONGHER PEOPLE. THEY WILL WIN ALLWAYS IN THIS BATTLE! ITS SIMPLE! NO CASH FOR STIMS. 30 MINUTES TO FINISH AN HIDEOUT! WOW. I WILL LOSE EVERYTIME! NO PROBLEM SAYING THAT!
KillTheMFenemy Wrote:LOL PRAY THE STRONGHER PEOPLE. THEY WILL WIN ALLWAYS IN THIS BATTLE! ITS SIMPLE! NO CASH FOR STIMS. 30 MINUTES TO FINISH AN HIDEOUT! WOW. I WILL LOSE EVERYTIME! NO PROBLEM SAYING THAT!

actually this is not true. if you are weak for your level you can attack a 19 that is at the same power level as you and win gang points... your in a gang so ask you gangmates for a hand with stims.

thawdgharp

"Ive skim read through this to catch up. If the issue is being attacked in critical by lower players. The answer is simple - Bioplex eat it before you come out of hospital and youll be fine."

okay, you successfully missed my point by 100%

my issue is not with weaker players attacking. it is with there being no buffer zone where you can click around, buy stims, look at gang pages, etc. once you're out of the hospital, no matter what, a stronger player will immediately put you back in. before you have time to try whatever suggestions people defending the new code are making.

in a gang war, try stimming out with a stim pack that cost $2,500. then get put back in the hospital after being out for, say, 1.5, 2 seconds max. then see if you can understand my complaint.
Concerning Point Totals
I've been going through the logs all the gang points seem to be adding up correctly. For example, if your gang loses 33 points in battles and gains 26 for beating the other gang's hideout, it's displaying -7 in the logs. I believe somewhere in the forums someone stated that their total points are displaying correctly. If there is a specific war that you are seeing incorrect point totals let me know. Perhaps it's just displaying incorrectly on the attack log pages for some reason.

-----

Concerning Attacks Under 50% Health
As for being attacked at under 50% health I understand why a couple people are getting upset. When we first started AL the 50% rule wasn't around, and it let people pummel others without letting them get out of the hospital. With that said, people have taken advantage of this by using a stimpack while in the hospital to decrease minutes but not remove them completely so they can get out under 50% hp. While this isn't what I intended to happen it IS a tactic that has been an option for ages.

I think the main issue isn't the "you can attack anyone below 50% health" rule, but the fact you get out of the hospital with low health after already getting your butt kicked. Perhaps the simplest and most fair solution here is if you get your arse handed to you in a gang battle for hospital minutes you will have full hp when you get out. This leaves open the "gang up on the dude" attack tactics but once they are beaten they will come back completely refreshed. Unfortunately this will still eliminate the "you can't touch me until I am at 50%" rule that exists outside of war.

To be honest the under 50% change for battles was an experiment to see how people would react. Overall I have received a lot of positive feedback via mail about it. Obviously there is more negative response in the forums only because people who aren't upset with a change have no need to complain in public.

chumstain

so, does this mean quicker health regeneration in the hospital or longer hospital stays? what happens if you stim out?

mudpies

you call it complaining in public, we call it coming together to hash out issues we see.

whatevs tho. you seem to have your mind made up.
i don't think the issue is coming out of the hospital with low health, it's the fact that the buffer zone of protection is no longer there when someone is below 50%. regardless of whether your opponent is at 20% or 100% health when they get out of the hospital, if you are stronger than them and they are able to take gang pts from your gang by gang battle against someone lwr lvl in your gang or by attacking your hideout, they will be put right back in the hospital no matter what condition their health is.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's