AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: admin-player discussions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(2012.Jan.19 03:18 PM)SuperDave Wrote: [ -> ]There ought be be certain things to do and achieve that are only available to donators.
It should be made perfectly clear that non donators opinions and needs are important too just not as important as donators maiking it blatantly obvious that non donators are sceond class citizens and will be treated as such.

Do you not have enough enemies or something?
(2012.Jan.19 03:30 PM)Joshiwa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012.Jan.19 03:18 PM)SuperDave Wrote: [ -> ]There ought be be certain things to do and achieve that are only available to donators.
It should be made perfectly clear that non donators opinions and needs are important too just not as important as donators maiking it blatantly obvious that non donators are sceond class citizens and will be treated as such.

Do you not have enough enemies or something?

Well what's the point/benefit in donating then?
There isn't anything in the game that a non donator can't achieve that a donator could so as long as ones patient it takes away the incentive to donate.If players voices/opinions that are donating are only equal to those that don't than there is something terribly wrong about that.
would you like some dynamite dave? it might help you dig that hole a bit faster. your ideas are some of the worst for the development of this game that could be suggested.
People donate because they love the game and want to accelerate their character. Not to create a biased admin.
(2012.Jan.19 02:39 PM)spacebird Wrote: [ -> ]but let's face it, the mods have never been on the same page and the forum rules are open to interpretation...but not reasoning. kind of like the auto-ban for someone quoting a statement that breaks forum rules. i never did understand this. could a mod weigh in on it and tell me why quoting something can result in a ban?

Essentially, the person quoting is reposting the original link. That, unfortunate as it may be, puts them in the same boat as the original poster.
bird also if you get banned you have to petition zenith to get it removed, although cipher might be able to now also? anyways if you did it unintentionally and still got the auto ban then you're screwed til an admin gets around to letting you out
(2012.Jan.19 04:30 PM)bconrad56 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012.Jan.19 02:39 PM)spacebird Wrote: [ -> ]but let's face it, the mods have never been on the same page and the forum rules are open to interpretation...but not reasoning. kind of like the auto-ban for someone quoting a statement that breaks forum rules. i never did understand this. could a mod weigh in on it and tell me why quoting something can result in a ban?

Essentially, the person quoting is reposting the original link. That, unfortunate as it may be, puts them in the same boat as the original poster.

i see what is going on, i don't understand why.

so through the acknowledgment of a comment, others are subject to the same punishment as if they made the comment themselves. makes no sense. even if the comment falls under a gray area. so basically, nobody should ever quote a comment cause if a mod thinks it is against the forum rules, you will be subject to the same as the op.

seems a bit bass-ackwards. why not just delete the posts?

if i acknowledge a comment from a radical group that hates jews, then by simply quoting the statement, i automatically fall into the same group. at least by your reasoning, even if i am commenting to oppose the discriminatory statement. i should still be tarred and feathered and labeled as a neo-nazi.
How about an official appeal system for quoting bans, requiring a majority vote from active mods to remove ban? Only works for bans due to quoting a bad post? Keep in mind i know next to nothing about coding so i dunno how difficult half of my suggestions are
Got another one, not so good, but i'm bored out of my mind waiting for people to get ready. Anywho loans from your house value. I mean i know houses aren't permanent investments, but i think we could do something like that, maybe 10% of house value? So ranch = 175k etc.

Can have short term and long term? Long term being a bit bigger like 15%. And you have to pay interest on it, miss a payment and i dunno... running low on caffeine again
(2012.Jan.19 04:59 PM)spacebird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012.Jan.19 04:30 PM)bconrad56 Wrote: [ -> ]

i see what is going on, i don't understand why.

so through the acknowledgment of a comment, others are subject to the same punishment as if they made the comment themselves. makes no sense. even if the comment falls under a gray area. so basically, nobody should ever quote a comment cause if a mod thinks it is against the forum rules, you will be subject to the same as the op.

seems a bit bass-ackwards. why not just delete the posts?

if i acknowledge a comment from a radical group that hates jews, then by simply quoting the statement, i automatically fall into the same group. at least by your reasoning, even if i am commenting to oppose the discriminatory statement. i should still be tarred and feathered and labeled as a neo-nazi.

you are starting to see where "sopa" came from. the ppl that run the planet have used these forums to test it out.....
Would like to see the ability to use the item vault in gangs be able to used for loaning cash for housing, giving the lender an easy way to get there money back if things go sour or the player goes inactive...

And since a lot of complaints, atleast in the past have been about retrieving lost/stolen money, why not set up a "P2P Housing loan office" that is set up in the way the item vault is where you go to the office pay a fee, and your loan is secured or is secured in a way the the person taking the money can only use it for housing...

You can also at the office transfer the interest fees for using the loan, if there is any....

that way, if you loan the money and dont go through the office, your risk, your loss, and if you cant find a way to get it back, then your screwed and you can leave the admin alone.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Reference URL's