AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: admin-player discussions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(2012.Jan.24 09:59 PM)Joshiwa Wrote: [ -> ]I think if this is to be taken seriously we would need every effected active gang to know. Cipher would have to mail every gang leader and ask their opinion as we shouldn't force it on anyone that has worked hard for what they have. While i like this idea, a lot of talk has to be done first from most all the community.

If I counted correctly there are 14 gangs with over 20 slots. Not all of them full of course.
(2012.Jan.24 10:34 PM)TealJade Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012.Jan.24 09:59 PM)Joshiwa Wrote: [ -> ]I think if this is to be taken seriously we would need every effected active gang to know. Cipher would have to mail every gang leader and ask their opinion as we shouldn't force it on anyone that has worked hard for what they have. While i like this idea, a lot of talk has to be done first from most all the community.

If I counted correctly there are 14 gangs with over 20 slots. Not all of them full of course.

no one is saying lets do it, it is just a talk about some of the possible ways to encourage more players to stick around.
I do agree you would obviously have to talk to the active owners of these bigger gangs...

but i think it may increase the fun of wars, war competition, and may create the odd extra hosp war or general spat or nonsense that makes the game a bit more interesting...
maybe a restructure of 'training' gangs could accompany this. ie. connected gang vaults, option to gang mail both gangs simutaneously, etc. then the extra players who get cut from the 20+ member gangs could have somewhere to go that wouldnt be too far from their initial gang.
so you want all of the benefits of a large gang w/o paying for it? good call.

what attracted me to this game was people like pun, cheets, bender, howl, rj, bc, and so on caressing my nutsack and helping me along.

oh, wait...that never happened. instead i played against those stronger than me.
(2012.Jan.24 11:53 PM)spacebird Wrote: [ -> ]so you want all of the benefits of a large gang w/o paying for it? good call.

what attracted me to this game was people like pun, cheets, bender, howl, rj, bc, and so on caressing my nutsack and helping me along.

oh, wait...that never happened. instead i played against those stronger than me.

If this is referring to my post. I don't understand what you mean. I mean how would someone be getting the benefits of a large gang w/o paying for it if gangs were maxed out?
see i feel like what bird says is very valid. there has always been large gangs. i mean as far as i know there's always been supergangs. i dunno. personally i am against this idea, it's partially because of the amount of work that has been dumped not only into hab, but also the other large gangs, like val and such. hell even in VS we had over 20 people in a "training gang."
(2012.Jan.25 12:01 AM)Duchbag69 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012.Jan.24 11:53 PM)spacebird Wrote: [ -> ]so you want all of the benefits of a large gang w/o paying for it? good call.

If this is referring to my post. I don't understand what you mean. I mean how would someone be getting the benefits of a large gang w/o paying for it if gangs were maxed out?

it was in reference to the post prior to mine. what's the point anyone building a gang of any size if you can just incorporate a ton of gangs and have them reap benefits from the parent gang, no matter how small the benefit. if you want someone in your gang, then you should find a spot for them. i don't know since when people think every new recruit should come in and own an arch mansion. it's a game ffs...not meant to be easy off the bat.
This seems like the most appropriate place to drop a note. I'm pretty much down and out with the flu, so if you mail me and it takes a bit to get back, I'm probably sleeping.
Just to throw my 2 cents out here about the gang cap.

I'm indifferent as far as opinion but I will say that the 14 slots over the min that hab as cost an al fortune, and if a cap us going to be instituted then a reimbursent in part or whole if some sort needs to be given

Also bill get well soon, I had the same bug last week still not feeling 100% but Mich better.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Reference URL's