state of the game (long speech)
2009.Dec.15, 12:51 PM
RE: state of the game (long speech)
whos dingus?

WANNA WRESTLE ?
2009.Dec.15, 12:53 PM
come on guys please keep this on topic. I really want some consideration by the community as a whole on this. Dingus, you are someone I specifally talk about, and spacebird too. You two are very intelligent and any serious input you could throw in would be appreciated.

I gotta do some yardwork I will bb in a few hours

4:30 pm FuN2PwN attacked you and lost. Zerkin ain't easy.
2:50 pm SuP3Rn00b attacked you and lost. Zerkin still ain't easy.
13.Aug.14 SuP3R1 attacked you and lost. See above.

2009.Dec.15, 12:57 PM
You think better In the hospital inpacehitmannow
I only hosped you because I get no xp from you anyway

25.) You hit for 124 points of damage. InPaceRequiscat resists 20 for a total of 104 damage.
You pound InPaceRequiscat to a bloody pulp. When you are satisfied at the pool of blood laying at your feet, you slip off into the shadows.
Experience Earned : Hospitalizations do not earn experience.
Hospitalization Time : 155

there ya go Connie
2009.Dec.15, 01:02 PM
I didn't read it..But I did read Zeon's idea. It's pretty good. However, if the person's someone's referral, they should hone up to bringing the person around and teach them what they need to know, plus a little extra to keep 'em interested. The random event to a random level 20+ person would be a decent idea, also, until it hit Spike or Glamazon. 'New targets, woo hoo.'

Anyone got a basic summary of InPace's post?
2009.Dec.15, 01:03 PM
(2009.Dec.15 12:46 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  How much quantity (players) did this game go through to get the current quality it has now?

about 34000 and counting.
EDIT

Think about that. 35.3k player IDs, minus 1002 (chris, first player id) and about 300 multi accounts in fed jail. That is a guess-timate. Even it was 1300 multi account in fed jail, its 33k to get to the 600-or so players right now.

That is my other big source of info, every day at noon I have taken recently active user in last 24 hours. It follows about the same ( a little less @ 5-7% month to month)

Nothing wrong with what you're doing here, and you're right about quantity leading to quality. The cycle must repeat for the survival of any game, otherwise the game starts destroying itself from the edges: long-time players retire while newcomers never show up.

The effect is amplified even more in a game that never resets as new players must put forth even more effort to catch the older players since there are so few new players, as I am trying to do.

May try to argue that the game is getting rid of the non-elite from the beginning then, but it's also likely some potential elites are leaving as well in that batch. 100% of 10 is still less than 20% of 100.
2009.Dec.15, 01:06 PM
While I'm glad RIP is thinking for the good of the community. He's not bringing to the table anything that hasn't been asked for already. Would be nice to know whats she's working on. Wish lists, suggestions, whatever you want to call them has been done to death. Can ANYONE name something we've asked for, that got done?
2009.Dec.15, 01:07 PM
There is definitely some good ideas being suggested here. I have always thought that this game must be so difficult to really get into without having someone teach you the basics.
I will randomly help out brand new players from time to time. I try to give them a brief explanation of where to start and what not to be concerned with for now. If I see they are more interested in advice than asking for a handout, then I will usually send them a small start up kit or a few bucks. Then just tell them to keep in contact with me if they need any assistance.
The concept of giving them small goals to work for would probably do a lot to help new players stick around.
2009.Dec.15, 01:16 PM
My referrEr would hosp me if she knew how many random ppl who had just started and recieved gifts and support from the ol' closedcasket! I have a few ppls here that got a jump on others and are doing great now, discouraging when they just drop off the face of AL
but hey I think it is fun to see newbies rise out of the pack!
2009.Dec.15, 01:26 PM
I had a Marvel guy help me to level 5. As soon as i completed five he gave me and some others a gun, and armor. He was totally cool and helped with advice. Hell he gave me a gang as well. It does work helping people
2009.Dec.15, 01:32 PM
(2009.Dec.15 01:02 PM)TommiTheTaco Wrote:  The random event to a random level 20+ person would be a decent idea, also, until it hit Spike or Glamazon. 'New targets, woo hoo.'

Thanks Tommi. I never thought of that either, Spike or Glam being a mentor. I think it could really further alot of new players, but maybe there should be a certain list of players that only partake in this. Problem then would be that they may get more events than they can handle though.

I also like Zeon's post. Zen I think we should give this a trial run and see how it goes at least. I'd wait a little longer for new attack coding or gang war coding if it would mean more players for the community.
Thread Closed