state of the game (long speech)
2009.Dec.15, 08:36 AM
RE: state of the game (long speech)
(2009.Dec.15 08:15 AM)ZeonOne Wrote:  We should give the players some type of purpose or task to do.

The *Task theory will work. Give a goal to a new player, while they are working on those goal, they learn the basic about the Awakenedlands.

For example:
A task bar link that's colorful enough for the new player to see it.
In the task bar, there is different task build to let the new player learn each individual aspect in the game.

Example: Blondie has hospitalized a fella citizen. Find him (From different district) and give him what he deserve! Upon completion, you will earn $5000.

That would let the player know how to travel.

+1 +1 +1

I have always wanted something like this in place, there has to be something to get first time referrers to log back in again or explore more, im sick of gaining referrals for them not to hang around long enough for me to mail them.

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2009.Dec.15, 08:37 AM
I think that's a great concept Zeon. An active tutorial!
2009.Dec.15, 08:37 AM
I quite agree with the OP, nice post.

My suggestion would be to give the newbies a starter up quest, where they can earn a house, a weapon, some donator days, and all the basic items.

To try and even things out, everyone beneath level 5 should be able to pick up the quest line in DD. Shouldn't be to hard to program, and could help a bigger percentage of players to stick around. And the impact to the economy would be minimal, even make the house unsell-able could help.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2009.Dec.15, 09:04 AM
(2009.Dec.15 08:36 AM)Moriarty Wrote:  
(2009.Dec.15 08:15 AM)ZeonOne Wrote:  We should give the players some type of purpose or task to do.

The *Task theory will work. Give a goal to a new player, while they are working on those goal, they learn the basic about the Awakenedlands.

For example:
In the task bar, there is different task build to let the new player learn each individual aspect in the game.

Example: Blondie has hospitalized a fella citizen. Find him (From different district) and give him what he deserve! Upon completion, you will earn $5000.

+1 +1 +1

I have always wanted something like this in place, there has to be something to get first time referrers to log back in again or explore more, im sick of gaining referrals for them not to hang around long enough for me to mail them.

Yeah, exactly my thought. If I am new to the game, I might not even know how to check email.

Amend
2009.Dec.15, 09:13 AM
Yes, set them up with some basic armor and weapons. Don't give them a house. The dstat stays, maybe give them 5 stim packs too and a protein bar. Bare basics that we take for granted. But how many log in, attack someone and see they have nothing to do for 20 mins, then log off. Give them stims at least.
2009.Dec.15, 09:16 AM
Well guys, there have got to be more fun things to do for all of us than stim out of an SV hit,,,I wish there were more ways to personalize our characters than an ugly forum avatar*coughs*" umnnghMoriartyghhhmmn"
2009.Dec.15, 09:21 AM
What about a quest a day?

You need to complete 4 things in order to fulfil the quest, a failure at any time during the day will mean exclusion from the quest for the day. So in other words you have to get a success on 4 consecutive things, similar to taking an exam test...

You might only complete 1 a week, but if you do them (costs ap's) then you get exp, (candies 0.O) or cash.
2009.Dec.15, 09:34 AM
(2009.Dec.15 09:16 AM)ClosedCasket Wrote:  Well guys, there have got to be more fun things to do for all of us than stim out of an SV hit,,,I wish there were more ways to personalize our characters than an ugly forum avatar*coughs*" umnnghMoriartyghhhmmn"

(2009.Nov.17 12:27 PM)Weebay Wrote:  I thought the concept of becoming a decorated soldier was good. Once you hit over 1000 you get a little badge, and the list could go on and on. We all love tags because they spruce up our profile when viewed, as well as we feel we have actually accomplished something in the virtual world!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
did think this idea wasn't bad....unlike the npc hitman idea.

For example:

makes sense and would add some appeal to the newer players but, along with the tutorials and wiki site already in place, the phrase "you can lead a horse to water...." comes to mind.
This post was last modified: 2009.Dec.15 09:34 AM by spacebird.

You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. -Ernie McCracken
2009.Dec.15, 09:44 AM
Task theory. Love the idea!
2009.Dec.15, 09:44 AM

For example:

+1+1
Thread Closed