lets talk about backup/protection - Zen, enter...
2009.Nov.05, 08:56 PM
RE: lets talk about backup/protection - Zen, enter...
(2009.Nov.05 08:29 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote:  
(2009.Nov.05 08:24 PM)Duchbag69 Wrote:  never once seen this feature used...is it really worth it?

apparently not when Nightrain is cheating!

but other than that....yes. now i want some answers!!!

pretty good tantrum there huh?

only way i can respond to this accusation

ROFLMAO
2009.Nov.05, 08:58 PM
just think of the percentage as points... If you use 5 percent in a battle then just consider that 5 points (keep in mind I have no idea what amount is used in a battle since I have never used any of these before)

It is more likely that it gives a benefit per hit and that uses a certain amount of points/percent of what you have.... per hit...

or a benefit to resistance per defend from a hit and that uses a certain amount of points/percent of what you have....

This could be Wayyyyy off but kinda seems like what she must be saying.
2009.Nov.05, 09:04 PM
Ok Conrad ill try to explain in an easier form.

You get on the short Bus. the longer you ride that short bus the better the driver can protect you from the big bully.

So if you max at 50% means you can only sit at the front of the bus or you get your butt whipped
2009.Nov.05, 09:05 PM
(2009.Nov.05 09:04 PM)Nightrain Wrote:  Ok Conrad ill try to explain in an easier form.

You get on the short Bus. the longer you ride that short bus the better the driver can protect you from the big bully.

So if you max at 50% means you can only sit at the front of the bus or you get your butt whipped

im still not understanding.

DIRT BAG!
(2009.Nov.05 08:58 PM)randomjacker Wrote:  just think of the percentage as points... If you use 5 percent in a battle then just consider that 5 points (keep in mind I have no idea what amount is used in a battle since I have never used any of these before)

It is more likely that it gives a benefit per hit and that uses a certain amount of points/percent of what you have.... per hit...

or a benefit to resistance per defend from a hit and that uses a certain amount of points/percent of what you have....

This could be Wayyyyy off but kinda seems like what she must be saying.

hmmmm. well maybe so. lets just call it points then. and giving B/P gives everyone who gets it...100pts. the pts should go down faster for newbs, and should stay longer for people in the gang longer. i think thats the concept anyway and makes more sense. ?

"will we ever know the truth"
This post was last modified: 2009.Nov.05 09:14 PM by Conrad1103.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2009.Nov.05, 09:13 PM
*facepalm*

Who gives a drek.
2009.Nov.05, 09:14 PM
(2009.Nov.05 09:13 PM)DustiWoot Wrote:  *facepalm*

Cancer check. Is it bigger or smaller?
2009.Nov.05, 09:15 PM
(2009.Nov.05 08:55 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote:  lets say a glass is half full. it is holding 50% capacity. fill it up..and it is at 100% capacity.

Didn't read the rest of the thread, but lets say a new person(30 days in) has a 8 ounce glass while you(Many more days in) have a German beer mug. A lady comes to fill your glasses with a beer pitcher. She easily fills the younger person's glass since it's smaller, but doesn't completely fill your glass since it's so big.

Kind of the idea, I believe. You've got a bigger glass, so it'll take more to fill it up.
2009.Nov.05, 09:17 PM
[Image: dungeons-and-dragons-for-dummies.jpg?w=1...;amp;h=233]

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2009.Nov.05, 09:17 PM
(2009.Nov.05 09:14 PM)thatthingufear Wrote:  
(2009.Nov.05 09:13 PM)DustiWoot Wrote:  *facepalm*

Cancer check. Is it bigger or smaller?

Neutral I just referred a gangmate to your rental thread so be nice, ding dong!

Who gives a drek.
2009.Nov.05, 09:27 PM
(2009.Nov.05 09:15 PM)TommiTheTaco Wrote:  
(2009.Nov.05 08:55 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote:  lets say a glass is half full. it is holding 50% capacity. fill it up..and it is at 100% capacity.

Didn't read the rest of the thread, but lets say a new person(30 days in) has a 8 ounce glass while you(Many more days in) have a German beer mug. A lady comes to fill your glasses with a beer pitcher. She easily fills the younger person's glass since it's smaller, but doesn't completely fill your glass since it's so big.

Kind of the idea, I believe. You've got a bigger glass, so it'll take more to fill it up.

that is a very good and clear way of stating it. i have never heard you say anything else so relative and logical before.

perhaps some of you need to use B/P every now and then, and then you may understand my confusion. apparently, im the only one that has ever used it.

im trying to figure out if Tommi just blew my mind, or if this needs more expalnation.

i would love to see some numbers as to how the % falls after each fight. particuarly the difference from somone with 800 days loyality in comparison with someone with 50 or 100 days.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.