Hijacked forum threads
2007.Sep.30, 10:13 PM

My bold predictions were horrible, my team lost, I suck, etc.
2007.Sep.30, 11:00 PM

Saerin Wrote:we would have in game mods to help relieve some of the stress on Zen, It would allow her to concentrate on coding for the game instead of answering 700 complaint mails everyday.

The Mods would NOT have the final say in any punishment. That would be reserved for ZEN. Instead the Mods would gather the information on the complaints for her and give her a recommendation.

Zen could then approach those involved in the more serious issues and get more information should she deem it necessary.

Mods would not be allowed to get involved in any issues that pertained to their own gang if they were indeed an active player. If they recieved a complaint they would then passoff the complaint to another mod. the Mods for the forums have been more than fair in the approach to their job on the forums and I have no doubts that their integrity would carry over into a role like this.

[offtopic] To tell you the truth, Zenith wouldnt wanna give away that job, either to me or any of the other mods, because I thinks she likes to do it herself. Only then can she be sure that all cases are treated equal.

And I think that's quite nice, dont find any other game on the web where you have such an easy time contacting the game hoster, to find out exactly how the game is intended to play. Many other have has moderators which might interpret the rules differently from the game creator, and that can result in disharmony in the player base.

So all in all, I'm happy that Zenith finds the time for it, and she does a good job.

And for those of you that may say that she is more lenient towards donators, I can confirn that that is not the issue. You cheat, you get fed jailed. You break the rules you get a slap on the wrist. [/offtopic]

Yeah and what about that Beckham ehhh? Nice to have more perfume in american soccer stadiums instead of sweatty soccer players?

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2007.Sep.30, 11:50 PM

I agree zenith does do a good job and I also agree that she as a game owner is extremely easy to contact, but as this game continues to grow she will eventually need help in these matters. More players means more complaints means more time that zenith invests into investigating these complaints and less time invested in improving the game. It is a cycle that I have seen other games go througha nd I would like to see avoided here.
2007.Oct.01, 09:40 AM

Saerin Wrote:I agree zenith does do a good job and I also agree that she as a game owner is extremely easy to contact, but as this game continues to grow she will eventually need help in these matters. More players means more complaints means more time that zenith invests into investigating these complaints and less time invested in improving the game. It is a cycle that I have seen other games go througha nd I would like to see avoided here.

Well you're talking about diplomacy tasks? People complaining to Zenith about being abused and so forth in the game, and the moderators helping her in responding to those letters? If Zenith came into the position where she had to choose between developing game or give feedback/handle the complaint department, and asked if either me/yoda/chiefeagle could help her out sorting those things out. Of course, I dont think anyone of us would hesitate to help.

But seing as it is now, with a steady playerbase that's increasing, and that Zenith can handle everything togheter with Err, nothing is better then that, afterall, they know how the game is intended to be played, and can handle the complaints as they come pretty darn good Biggrin

But I hope that most people know that already they can come to us moderators ingame aswell for help to sort out stuff, cause that is also a part of our job description (non-payed), we've taken the task to help the game, and will do it to the best of our efforts. Biggrin

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2007.Oct.01, 09:54 AM

More or less just the general rules complaints. Im sure she gets a ton of them.

I just think that having people outside of zenith to contact for reporting rules infractions and such would be useful.

You would still contact her with bugs, exploits, and game suggestions, but she wouldnt have to deal with all the complaints, suggestions, bugs/exploits. Though Im sure she will say that her workload isnt all that bad now just imagine if the game doubles in size in the next two months. Her mails go from 100 a day to 200 a day. eventually she will need some help and what better time to start that than now? where she can still offer input and insight to help the mods get a better understanding of what she would like to see.
2007.Oct.01, 03:02 PM

Quote: and asked if either me/yoda/chiefeagle could help her out sorting those things out. Of course, I dont think anyone of us would hesitate to help.

*Raises his hand furiously*

Can I be a diplomat/negotiator!!!

Pick me, pick me!!!!

:wink:
2007.Oct.01, 03:07 PM

Don't forget, Pullo is for hire. If you feel you have been wronged, I believe he has very decent rates to "even the playing field."

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2007.Oct.01, 07:00 PM

g2o2d4wp Wrote:The only moderators imo for in game should be non-playing people. Forum moderators that play the game is one thing but the potential power for game moderators is too much I believe.

To this I would say do not limit it to non-players but instead have it so that if you are running a gang or VP or run an alliance of gangs then you can not be a Mod. Would really be bad if a Mod had a gang or a family of gangs and then one of them was declared on and then a different gang either attacked or sent out threats of attacks if you did not stop. If it was a Mod who could you complain too? Right??? I am not saying that I have seen it happen but how can you complain to a Mod if the Mod and/or his gang is attacking another gang when they are not even in the war and perchance the MOd knows it is going on?