Zone level ranges
2007.Feb.06, 12:29 AM

ok geek, based on your second explanation, I still have issues with this idea that are not based on personal preference.

1) what happens in gang wars, if a gang that can't access downtown attacks a gang where half the gang can acess downtown, then it totally changes everything. for example gang A) 22,22,23,25,26 vs gang B) 17,20,21,25,27. now, depending on stats gang A has a decent shot against gang B but if your idea is implemented than gang B can effectively be a lvl 25 and a lvl 27, which is below the 3 person min for a war in the first place.

2) travel is one of the main money sinks built into the game, this would drastically reduce the efficiency of travel as a money sink.

3) personally I don't think that this would reduce the number of attack enough to eliminate the problem you foresee with people getting discouraged when logging on to find themselves in the hospital all the time.

on a different note geek, if you are logging in every 30 minutes for hours on end and appear in the hospital every time, you should notice a pattern and change your playing style. log on every 10-15 minutes instead. also, even with 15 instances of being in the hospital per day, thats only 22.5k in stim's (assuming 3 per hospital trip avg), you could donate less than $10 a week, sell the credits direct at 200 and have plenty for stims if you don't feel like changing the way you play.
2007.Feb.06, 01:15 AM

You just blew my mind! :shock:

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2007.Feb.06, 02:39 PM

Well in response to each of the points you brought up

1) yes this would make warring more complicated. Gangs would need to take on players of all levels to effectively compete in wars. Also preventing any gang from having 90% of all the highest levels and rolling everyone, much as we saw in months past with the Elders, (btw I'm not knocking them at all, there was just alot of controversy over them in the past just pointing that out)

2) I would venture to guess that the trainers are now a more used, if not more effective money sink into the game, and while you are correct that this does negate one of the areas you can sink money into for travel, it also is the cheapest one available to that player so they will technically be spending more assuming they have to travel just as much without the option to spend money on a trip to decatur for example. For instance, lets say you can spend 10$ to goto decatur, 100$ to goto industrial, 500$ to goto rural and 1000$ to goto midlan, make 4 trips, in any combination, then eliminate decatur as an option and make 4 trips, changing your trips to decatur to something else. It won't be possible for you to spend less money that you did before giving that you choose decatur atleast once. (and if you don't whats the point of having it anyway?)

3)I think it most definitely would cut down on the number of online attacks, as you'd be forced to hit people closer to your level, doing more damage to you possibly preventing you from attacking 3 times and not allowing you 3 "free" kills each full refresh.

Finally, most people log in when they can. on an average week day you have different times of day you can get to AL. The general populace doesn't sit in front of a computer all day long. If I had time to stay online all day, I certainly would. But this wouldnt fix the problem. If everyone adjusts there play to stay online as much as humanly possible, you'd simply see people then getting hit online as a result.
2007.Feb.06, 04:32 PM

ok, next rebuttle.

as for gang taking on members of all levels, this goes completely againast the relaatively new gang defense bonus code that is designed to try and keep gangs as close as possible in levels.

yes the trainers are a good money sink, but they are more of an option for the rich than anything else. almost everyone in the game travels, whether it is to get different items, attack different people or run away from people. offering all items in every district would cut down on trvel, offering people possible hideouts to escape attacks from certain players will also cut down on the movement.

the only way this is going to severly reduce the number of attacks, is if everyone stays in downtown that can access it, thereby limiting the number of potential attackers there are. thus we come to the problem of level 22's and how they are supposed to advance.

even when leveling full out I still train if I have to instead of hitting online players and I'm sure theree are a few other big attackers that act the same way, people would not just attack online players.

in this game attacking online is allowed, so just be thankful people tend to respect a common courtesy of attacking people when they are offline instead of trying to limit the high level players attacks.
2007.Feb.06, 05:04 PM

Why do level 22's and higher need to advance? STATS??!

I also feel bad for level ones coming in and seeing a freaking level 31 in the game and leaving due to not believing they can ever catch up.. and they won't unless they donate a crap ton. then when they do catch up, they are crucified for donating so much Sad

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2007.Feb.06, 06:37 PM

All good points matt, but I think we could argue the positives and negatives of the idea for days. I'm not arguing that my idea is the best ever, only that its viable. I don't think anyone wants to argue that something has to be done, however. And I agree about the courtesy of online attacks. Its neighborly, and it gives us all a good way of letting someone know when they screwed up. I'd hate to lose that cyber-slap-in-the-face. hehe.

Wolverine, you also brought up a good point. Accessibility for the game, if we ever want to get a large enough community so that targets for levellers is no longer a problem, the game needs to remain accessible. While i'm not saying that it is no longer inviting to new players, it may in the future with the way advancement is currently working.

In my opinion the fastest and easier way to alleviate the situation we have right now is to weight stats more heavily in combat, before it was common knowledge about the 70/30 level to stats, we didnt see this problem.
2007.Feb.07, 12:08 AM

I dont like this idea either to be honest, its taking away freedoom from players, and on top of that. Taking away freedom from the strongest people who has worked HARD to get it. In my personal experience with game and Zenith, I have learned that Zen just wants to have the game more like reality, and in reality you dont get forbidden to visit a city after a certain age (taking age= level now),nothing at all will change by refusing a level 30 to attack a level 1 if they want to.

I want the freedom to do what I want if I get on top, and I'm sure the ones on top is enjoying that freedom aswell. I think that people must think of ideas that works better with lengthened online time and maybe modified defences while online, or maybe something totally new.

Like training over time. You go to the gym, and set desired amount of EP to spend (max 5X full EP bar) and you are gone to the gym in the game for that amount of time. You cant do anything in the game, like going to hospital, AP will regen but you will be unable to use it. On the up side, training will not make happiness go down, and training gains will be like the ones from $20 trainer.
Would add more strategy to the game, harder to hit weaker targets in war. People planning online time better. Cost to get into the long time gym vs no money gain cause of no AP usage.

That in my eyes would protect the small ones, without making them TOO safe.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2007.Feb.07, 12:16 AM

Well there are alot of ideas. effective level ranges are another idea, allow players to attack whoever they want, but only granting xp if its within a certain range above or below.
2007.Feb.07, 12:26 AM

Well people talk in other threads about wanting to make the XP gain reflect the person they are attacking.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.