AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Zone level ranges
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

TheGeek

I was thinking the other day about how tight the pickings are getting for anyone in the upper teens through 30s to find targets to hit, I know i have people upwards of 10 levels ahead of me having to settle for hits on me because the rest are in the hospital. I think the game is going to start suffering after a while due to this when tonls of people have to wait a half hour everytime they log in to do anything because they are always in the hospital, I mean part of the appeal of this game is you can just pick it up or 10 minutes here and there then leave it until a full refresh. Until recently i've managed to keep a very low profile, but now, there are 10-20 events a day of me being beaten up. I think the higher levels should have it rougher than the rest of us as far as attacking for exp and this is my solution to keep people from quitting because they can never get anything done.

Instead of just having minimum levels for certain zones, that the higher levels can hide out in, there should be a cap on how high you can be to go there as well. I know everyones first thought is 'how will I buy X item?' well, just start offering everything from lower range zones in the higher ones. easy right? As far as plot and this 'making sense' for the game goes, I think of it like this, after being in a zone for so long, your "wanted level" would get so high from commiting crimes there that the cops would just instantly arrest you or cut you down on sight. I mean, I personally focus more on having very solid stats as opposed to falling into this 'leveling race' that's going on right now, and as a result, I can take out some people 2-3 levels higher than I am. But when they can run and hide in a zone that I'm not capable of reaching, it doesnt do me any good. I think this is fair to the lower levels and offering more of a challenge to the higher levels (as they should have) It also opens up new opportunities or newer players to get a little taste of that dominance factor knowing they are the biggest fish in the smaller ponds and give them some sense of accomplishment, and also allowing people other than the 25-30s to make money from hits.

I know the higher levels are going to have a problem with this suggestion but if you think about it unbiasedly I think you'll see that it makes total sense. If somethings not done to allow the higher up to continue their race without hindering the rest of us, population will start to fall just excacerbating the problem.

LordSkie

that's actually an idea that has a lot of merit, provided (IMO) it's coupled with an increase in XP for hitting high up.

I totally feel your pain, it bugs the life out of me leaving for 20 minutes to come back in hospital- I don't want to have to refresh every 10 minutes when I can't do anything. If you don't tic hunt targets, you sure can't see them when you want them- someone else will put them in hospital for sure.

TheGeek

Well, it's not so much my pain that I'm talkin about anyway. Even from 16-17 I got a couple of emails from people begging me to stop exping on them because they couldnt do anything while i was gunnin hard. I can't imagine how it is for the 20+ players. I just see it as a problem with the game that cuts down on the fun level for the majority.

Thor

Stim packs are there so when you get back and are in the hospital you can get out quickly and use those points the regened while you were away. The next district after 8 is at lvl 22 and from those that are 22+ im pretty sure you cant beat any of them so they aint hiding from you. As for not farmning exp on others, yeah, i also hate to leave for my night of sleep and finding 10-15 events in the morning but its the game, we do have to lvl and there's only way, the hard one.

*edited Druchii

LeftyTroll

**raises hand** i spend more time a day in the hospital than not.... i accept that it's a fact of life in the game...

hydro...i can't BUY enough stim packs to get me out of the hospital all the times i log in to being in the hospital.

one thing additional i'd like to see is the time that you're marked "online" be extended. it take 35 minutes to refresh your points...i've lost count of how many times i've been hit in that time.

only tonight i found out that after 15 minutes you show as offline, yet i don't have to log back into the game.

if you log out, close the browser, or are on longer than say 30 minutes....you should be marked offline.

if you are sitting idle after 10 or 15 minutes, until that 30 minute mark, you should be set away...

from the moment you stop hitting a button until the 10-15 minute mark, you should be marked as online.

matt5250

the main problem I see with this is, what happens when you just reach, for example, the midlan district at level 22. now, say you have chosen to spend more of your time on leveling because, in this game, you are not restricted as to how you advance. now, who are you going to attack to gain exp? are you supposed to just crime it up and train until someone you can beat happens to get to level 22? and even then, you have one person you can attack? I think this is a horrible idea and it would totally destroy the game.

ps. this is referring to the original post.
Only being able to attack those 5 levels below you would stop the leveling Race I believe. 15 can only attack 10 and up.. 25 can only attack 20 and up. Other than Gang Wars of course.[/quote]

TheGeek

well hydro your mentality is coming from someone who expects to have to spend alot of money to continue advancing. Yes you CAN spend cash to get out of the hospital, yes you CAN spend money on a trainer at the gym, you CAN spend 100$ a week donating, what you're refering to is a game more based on what you're willing to spend, something AL has always tried to stay away from.

And Matt, you mistook my statement, i didnt say having only 1 district available to you a time. I was thinking more like a range of 2 or 3 districts at a time. Say reaching midlan blocks out decatur, or reaching Arco blocks industrial etc etc. Like i said, the higher levels would hate the idea because it sounds like its effecting them negatively, but it could be implemented in a fashion that wouldnt make a difference. however I'm thinking of the entire community, not just myself. Mark my words, if three quarters of the active population from levels 15 and up continue to have to wait 30 minutes to do anything, the game will be destroyed regardless. Someones gonna have to take a hit on this one, and it'll probably be the minority.

Thor

You dont need to donate 100$ a week to keep on playing, at least, thats not what i meant. If you find yourself in the hospital say 15 times a day when you log on, im guessing youre still often on the pc but doing something else? When im in that situation (say i play a poker tournament) i just click on the AL tab every 10-15 mins and i keep showing as online/away, preventing me from being attacked. If im watching tv (im lucky i guess my tv is 6 feet from my pc, im aware not every1 has those 2 in the same room), i get up every commercials to refresh and stay online/away.

I dont know whats your online time per day but if it excedds 10 hours, then you should be able to refresh every 10-15 mins because youre surely not far away from your pc often. if you are often outside or at friends etc, then you surely dont find yourself in the hospital that many times a day. If you only log on 4 times a day, people notice that and you then become a favorite target as they dont see you online very often.

Maybe its just me, maybe not but this sounds logic to me.
The thing I would like to see is the online mark stretched to 30min, and during online time defences are beefed up 50%, cause the player is on alert.

This would surely knock off some attacks since everyone wants to preserve HP to attack as fast as possible.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's