This poll is closed.
B4C helmet at $190K 41.67% 10 41.67%
B4C armour at $700K 58.33% 14 58.33%
Total 24 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Vote: Which is a better Deal?
2009.Aug.03, 10:35 AM
RE: Vote: Which is a better Deal?
(2009.Aug.03 10:33 AM)Nightrain Wrote:  Your comparing apples to oranges.
the true way of knowing who got the better deal.

Is comparing the sold price to what the local market is selling the identical item.

Apart from that, as stated by someone earlier. if at the time you made the transaction you felt you made a good deal then that ends the matter.
If you got ripped off or found somenthing better later on then to bad, no return or refund policy in place.

It has nothing to do with feeling ripped off. I offered to sell the helmet for MORE of a discount than he sold the armour to me for. The debate is that he doesn't think its a better deal. Whether I was happy or not with the armour purchase is irrelevant (I was fine with the armour purch, for the record).
2009.Aug.03, 10:37 AM
Again, there's two sides to this coin, Blume. There's percentage, which, by number, is bigger going your way, then there's true value, which is going farther my way.
2009.Aug.03, 10:37 AM
Hi Harry

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2009.Aug.03, 10:39 AM
(2009.Aug.03 10:37 AM)TommiTheTaco Wrote:  Again, there's two sides to this coin, Blume. There's percentage, which, by number, is bigger going your way, then there's true value, which is going farther my way.

OK, this is progress....

Now the next part, how can you compare DOLLAR discount (your way) on items that are different in RETAIL price by $600K?
(2009.Aug.03 10:37 AM)Duchbag69 Wrote:  Hi Harry

Hi buddy. Did you vote in today's super happy fun time poll? I am teaching Tommi math.
This post was last modified: 2009.Aug.03 10:41 AM by mblume.
2009.Aug.03, 10:42 AM
The same way you were trying to do with your percentages. By percentage, smaller might still mean bigger with bigger items, where as even big discounts on small items still means small change. 26 might be bigger than 17, but 26% can be smaller than 17%.
(2009.Aug.03 10:39 AM)mblume Wrote:  Hi buddy. Did you vote in today's super happy fun time poll? I am teaching Tommi math.

You aren't teaching me shit other than how much of a retard you are. Bottom line.
This post was last modified: 2009.Aug.03 10:43 AM by TommiTheTaco.
2009.Aug.03, 10:52 AM
tommi wins end of discussion,lol
IMO u gave him a better discount from the percentages, but not a bigger discount overall look at the prices.
2009.Aug.03, 11:02 AM
the armor gave a better discount because you were saving more actual money %'s are just a way to try and confuse people into paying more than they should in a "fair" deal

let's play Auction Tycoon 3: Diablo Edition
(._.) ~ ︵ ┻━┻
2009.Aug.03, 11:05 AM
Serious question.

Why make the poll to start with? Why not just a debate thread, seeing as the poll shows near even when the thoughts of the players shows overwhelming odds on my end of the board?

Doesn't make sense to me..
This post was last modified: 2009.Aug.03 11:05 AM by TommiTheTaco.
2009.Aug.03, 11:57 AM
(2009.Aug.03 11:02 AM)johnsonhalo76 Wrote:  the armor gave a better discount because you were saving more actual money %'s are just a way to try and confuse people into paying more than they should in a "fair" deal

Wrong.

%'s are a way to compare otherwise UNLIKE items. Do this many people not understand basic math here?
2009.Aug.03, 12:03 PM
No. It's just that you don't understand basic math.

For you, good sir.
Thread Closed