Online Attacks
2007.Feb.05, 02:53 PM

I was thinking actually about that...

How about making the modifier opponents level/your level?

At lower levels this would make a more dramatic difference- if you're beating on someone a few levels lower than you, the levels give you a massive advantage in HP alone. At higher levels, 1400 or 1450 HP- not a great difference. Lower down though, 250 or 300 is a big difference.

So if you're level 30 and hit someone on level 20 you're looking at a 33% cut in XP. Hitting someone just a level below you is around a 3.3% cut? (I think)

At level 5, hitting someone a level below you gets you a 20% cut. But the xp is so low anyway, that'd be negligible.
2007.Feb.05, 04:54 PM

conversely to those who have leveled but largely ignored their stats....

those who gained stats instead of levels, will find it easier to hit higher than average levels who worried about levels instead of stats.

those who leveled, and put stats a bit on the back burner conversely have the resources to do some mad training and catch up on their stats.

so there would be a period of time that things would be a little out of whack, but i think that would rectify itself pretty quickly....i would guess in less than 2 weeks.
2007.Feb.05, 05:27 PM

I dunno if opponent level/your level would work, cause once people get to like level 40 and 50 then a 5-10 level difference is almost nothing again. I like a per level thing, this doesnt hurt early levels where you need to hit people a few levels lower if you arent a donator because your weapons aren't necessaarily the best they can be. anyways, something along the lines of 2.5% compounded per level difference would be my vote.