AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Online Attacks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

peajew

There has been an increase in online attacks in the last few months.

My theory is people are craving for the exp from attacking people.
We need more people to level up, so people have more targets worth attacking!! so come on lower levels get levelling Evil

maybe there is other reasons for this. Just curious as to people's thoughts about this matter...
People thought that stats were 90% of the character earlier. Now that people understand that levels are 70% of the character they just wanna level up the fastest possible way.

I understand that people doesnt think that levels count for about 70% of the persons power. But think of it this way.

Each level adds a certain % to each skill = training
You gain EP faster = bigger trains, and faster bigger trains
You gain Happiness faster= bigger training gains
You gain AP faster = Bigger economy=better equipment+donator days
More levels in gang = better gang modifiers in defence

You gotta have stats to begin with, but they arent all important if you are an active player that puts that little extra into levelling. And even if you do have rotten stats, getting that 1 extra level will put more pull into youre training.

peajew

yea i know what you mean, i didnt want to level to concentrate on stats but now i wish i hadnt, it would have been better to level to start off with.

LeftyTroll

we're all falling into that catagory.... i'm in the worst section...i'm great exp for the tops... nearly always i log in to find myself in the hospital. meh....it's ok...because there aren't that many below me that are good exp for me either, so i tend to hit the same people over and over (sorry peajew...it's nothing personal...i try not to hit anyone on away or online, but mistakes happen and status changes as pages load)

peajew

lol no worries, when im on comp i usually check back every 20-30mins so my status probly changes to offline in this time, so i cant complain about that.
other times (not from you i dont think) its just straight up online attacking lol

most of the people who are good exp for me are in the same gang, so i dont think they like me too much Razz
LeftyTroll Wrote:we're all falling into that catagory.... i'm in the worst section...i'm great exp for the tops... nearly always i log in to find myself in the hospital. meh....it's ok...because there aren't that many below me that are good exp for me either, so i tend to hit the same people over and over (sorry peajew...it's nothing personal...i try not to hit anyone on away or online, but mistakes happen and status changes as pages load)

Even if you had 4-5times better stats you would still be easy pickings for tops, due to them having bigger stats and 10 level modifiers on you.

The reason many of the level 24-28 is choosing to attack level 18-22, is that they get almost the same xp for them as they get for a level 23-29. But they dont have the stalemates.

I think that XP from attacks should be Risk vs Reward. If you attack someone close to your level a XP modifier should kick in, and give XP*2 or if its not the same level but close XP*1.5. Well you get where I'm going.

When you get the same XP, why not just attack the ones that will never give you a stalemate?

LordSkie

In my opinion.. I think the xp system should be changed.

I appreciate what zen's trying to do here with capping xp- but it's going to stagnate the game- getting more xp as you get stronger from hitting lv 21's JUST doesn't make sense, I've got to say.

Here's what I think- make the xp formula (level^2)/2, +/- 20%, rounded up.

Hitting a level one will get you (1*1)/2, which is 0.5- rounded up to 1. Too small an xp amount for randomness to affect it.

Hitting a level ten will get you (10*10)/2, which is 50- then there's a spread of 40-60 through randomness.

Hitting a level twenty will get you (20*20)/2, which is 200- a spread of 160-240.

Hitting a level thirty will get you (30*30)/2, which is 450- a spread of 360-540.

To further this, there would be a level difference modifier of 1% per level- for every level above you are, you gain 1% less. For every level lower, you gain 1% more.

On the surface, that might seem like a massive change, but think about it. Hitting people close to or above you will do a massive amount of damage. Constant attacking that's going on now will be practically impossible without spending shedloads on healing. The way to get round that is to hit a couple of low targets (less XP) and hit one high target (good XP) then let your health build up.

I think it would make the game massively more realistic, competitive, and we'd see the higher ups actually fighting each other for XP, rather than seeing lv 21's getting constantly farmed, because they give the same as 28/29's.
Wow, Nice!

LeftyTroll

and then by LordSkie's idea.....when you attack someone closer to you for the better experience, their training and equipment will come into play....prompting people to have better stats, or at least stats more appropriate for their level.

a "balanced thug" so to speak

we already have the concept with the weapons with the stat requirements...why not spread that idea across to the exp?

LordSkie

precisely- it should be a key element to have both stats and levels. Right now, you need both, but the emphasis by far is on levels- they increase EP+AP regen, they increase happiness regen, they increase your stat efficiency for busting, criming, attacking, increase your HP, max EP+AP- they far outweigh stats. The main thing stats have going for them is ability to equip weapons+armor.

So, by doing this- levelling up means you also give more XP- and if your stats are low for your level, you'll be a prime target. Conversely, if your stats are high for your level, you're less likely to be hit. This won't negate the need for levelling by any means, but it gives stats a hefty boost in the balancing act, and also cures the 'let's attack lv 21's all day, and never lose more than 50HP doing it, whilst still getting as much xp as I would for lv 30's'.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's