Poll: do AL people really need so much protection?
yes
no
[Show Results]

do you think that AL people really need so much protection?
2009.Jul.28, 05:13 PM
RE: do you think that AL people really need so much protection?
Favoritism Winky
2009.Jul.28, 05:21 PM
because you have similar stats
2009.Jul.28, 05:39 PM
(2009.Jul.28 05:12 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote:  how the hell do i lose 5 pts, when im attacked by SG in a gang battle? he is 5 levels over me and we have similar stats.

Always wondered how power level was determined.... wondering if your off stat ... (accuracy for melee and str for gun users) is calculated in. If so training that stat very high would really skew power levels and probably be an advantage to us melee since we don't have to train acc much.
2009.Jul.28, 05:43 PM
(2009.Jul.28 11:01 AM)TheHorse Wrote:  So basically if Thor was to try hosping me he would get the same result as stated above since the hosps his refering to were done pre code change.

And Thor I would like to point a few things out. There are only 3 spots between us in battle stats. Yes I know you have borgs. But and ive seen a few posts from players about this very issue. The reason behind all these losses are not based on just stats but skills as well. A lot of players seem to forget how much of an impact skills have made since being introduced.

Also Thor your last 3 leave attacks were not 0-500. the last one was just over 500 which was because my belt was at 0%. the other 2 were 1239 and 1429 damage.
First, thanks for pointing those out, I already feel better I didnt lose to a weak player (no sarcasm here).

And im also glad to see those results (I cant see no fights with you in any of my logs), seems I'm human and can forget things after all...

You also have to forget us, old farts as we have lived through hell and heaven, many changes, some good, some bad, some helped weaker players, some stronger ones.

The only thing I'll go against your post is about berserk.
Berserk wasn't made to help a stronger player beat a guy a little bit weaker than him, it was made so weaker players could have a shot at stronger players when they had enough.

I'm also starting to get lost cuz I dont think theres 2 persons talking about the same part of code in this thread... And now Connie is asking about the gang points system which is way off topic.

p.s. I was nothing personal William, I talked about you as you were the last 1 I remembered losing to with the hosp option.
2009.Jul.28, 06:58 PM
Quote:Enrico Balazar overpowered loss 28 11 1,915 2,532
Enrico Balazar leave win 39 15 4,226 950
Enrico Balazar leave win 35 15 3,813 774
Enrico Balazar leave win 43 18 4,150 161
Enrico Balazar leave win 63 21 4,318 2,080
Enrico Balazar leave win 45 18 4,041 1,575
Enrico Balazar leave win 41 18 4,049 152
Enrico Balazar leave win 55 21 4,268 56

Here's a better example of what makes me hate this hosp code. Lets compare with Balazar and my last 7 leaves and an hosp. The hosp obviously being the first result at the top.

I removed the resisted and best hit columns for easier read, so the damage taken is the last 1.

How do you go from an easy win to a total defeat in less rounds that it takes me to beat him with a leave??
2009.Jul.28, 07:00 PM
It looks like the middle one he hit you pretty good. So he only had a 500 improvement over that leave.
2009.Jul.28, 07:18 PM
(2009.Jul.28 07:00 PM)thatthingufear Wrote:  It looks like the middle one he hit you pretty good. So he only had a 500 improvement over that leave.

in half the rounds...
2009.Jul.28, 07:21 PM
The hosp code is back to the way its been since I started here. A lot has changed in that time. We have new armor, huge weapons and belts. Belts these days make a huge difference in battle results. The biggest change to battle results is skills. We have all had time to build up different skills in our own way.

My point is that its not the hosp code thats causing these issues but all the changes around it. As for the berserk option being for weaker players to hit stronger players I agree. It was intended for that reason but now with all these changes its now the only option for players with close power levels.

09.July.25 -- Combat with NPCs will be a bit more like fighting an active player. Sometimes they will have some bonuses, and other times they will not.

This may explain why there are so many different results for damage taken in the leave attacks. He may of received the bonus on the time you tried to hosp him.
This post was last modified: 2009.Jul.28 08:08 PM by TheHorse.

bite my shiny metal ass

2009.Jul.28, 10:25 PM
with all the equalizers now the hosp code should be done away with...the only part that should be kept is the chance that with increasing attacks you might get jailed

only makes sense

doh
2009.Jul.29, 02:10 AM
(2009.Jul.28 10:25 PM)Punisher Wrote:  with all the equalizers now the hosp code should be done away with...the only part that should be kept is the chance that with increasing attacks you might get jailed

only makes sense

What he said.