Encumbrance
2009.Jun.24, 11:37 AM
Encumbrance
Can someone please explain exactly what encumbrance does in battle with more exactness than "The lower the better" I have evasion skill 2... how does that effect it? Does having 2 skill in evasion make having low encumbrance more effective?

Does it help you hit harder? hit more often? dodge more without the skill? Dodge more with the skill?

Anyone know something other then "the lower the better"?
2009.Jun.24, 04:12 PM
RE: Encumbrance
I think it depends on the amount of encumberance, the lower it is the better as far as I'm aware.
2009.Jun.24, 05:45 PM
don't go above 1.0

1.) You hit for 1407 points of damage. xxxxxxx resists 16 for a total of 1391 damage.
2009.Jun.24, 05:58 PM
Defensive skills don't seem to help as much as offensive skills. Low Encumberance makes you more agile. I belive all values under 1.0 have the same effect. Over 1.0 and you are slowed down making an easier target to hit. It is addition that never really worked out. Hope that helps
2009.Jun.24, 06:02 PM
(2009.Jun.24 05:58 PM)Dingus Wrote:  Defensive skills don't seem to help as much as offensive skills. Low Encumberance makes you more agile. I belive all values under 1.0 have the same effect. Over 1.0 and you are slowed down making an easier target to hit. It is addition that never really worked out. Hope that helps

Judging from the message when you hover over Crit Res, the lower the better.

I would have agreed with you, except Zen made it to where you can't be over encumbered due to an XP / power level exploit possible. Over encumberance is 1.1 Wink
2009.Jun.24, 06:05 PM
i always thought it was that the lower the better like if urz is .05 u would hit higher, more often and dodge more then if it was .50...
2009.Jun.24, 06:09 PM
i have always been told your either encumbered 1.1+ or not 1.0 or less.

1.) You hit for 1407 points of damage. xxxxxxx resists 16 for a total of 1391 damage.
2009.Jun.24, 06:15 PM
if u battle with close to 1.0 then u will see u get hit more but store ur armor and u will see a difference...
2009.Jun.25, 03:06 PM
I appreciate all the info but it seems that we are all pretty equally confused. Wish an admin would at least partially clarify it ... If you waste alot of time / energy trying to get low encumbrance it'd be nice to know that if matters significantly or if its not worth the trouble of doing.
2009.Jun.25, 03:28 PM
It does matter alot. Get your dex up, take off your heavy armor, put on a lighter belt and you will see.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.