Encumbrance
2009.Jun.26, 01:19 AM
RE: Encumbrance
(2009.Jun.25 03:28 PM)superdude Wrote:  It does matter alot. Get your dex up, take off your heavy armor, put on a lighter belt and you will see.

Thats all well and good that you can tell it actually changed but I doubt it's better to be naked then to have armor on in general, maybe if you're a gun user with almost no str. But yeah i bet you're right it does change and it helps I just wish people had any clue as to how much it helps.
2009.Jun.26, 01:39 AM
(2009.Jun.26 01:19 AM)xSleekx Wrote:  
(2009.Jun.25 03:28 PM)superdude Wrote:  It does matter alot. Get your dex up, take off your heavy armor, put on a lighter belt and you will see.

Thats all well and good that you can tell it actually changed but I doubt it's better to be naked then to have armor on in general, maybe if you're a gun user with almost no str. But yeah i bet you're right it does change and it helps I just wish people had any clue as to how much it helps.

some times its better.. the less weight u have to carry the more u can move and dodge more attacks u cant loose if u dont get hit..Smile
2009.Jun.26, 06:36 AM
(2009.Jun.24 06:02 PM)BadLuck Wrote:  
(2009.Jun.24 05:58 PM)Dingus Wrote:  Defensive skills don't seem to help as much as offensive skills. Low Encumberance makes you more agile. I belive all values under 1.0 have the same effect. Over 1.0 and you are slowed down making an easier target to hit. It is addition that never really worked out. Hope that helps

Judging from the message when you hover over Crit Res, the lower the better.

I would have agreed with you, except Zen made it to where you can't be over encumbered due to an XP / power level exploit possible. Over encumberance is 1.1 Wink

That message was made before Encumber code didn't work. Anything under one is the same Wink
2009.Jun.26, 06:40 AM
can we get admins advice on this??
2009.Jun.26, 07:46 AM
(2009.Jun.26 06:36 AM)Dingus Wrote:  
(2009.Jun.24 06:02 PM)BadLuck Wrote:  
(2009.Jun.24 05:58 PM)Dingus Wrote:  Defensive skills don't seem to help as much as offensive skills. Low Encumberance makes you more agile. I belive all values under 1.0 have the same effect. Over 1.0 and you are slowed down making an easier target to hit. It is addition that never really worked out. Hope that helps

Judging from the message when you hover over Crit Res, the lower the better.

I would have agreed with you, except Zen made it to where you can't be over encumbered due to an XP / power level exploit possible. Over encumberance is 1.1 Wink

That message was made before Encumber code didn't work. Anything under one is the same Wink

Do you have this in one of Zenith's posts?

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2009.Jun.26, 08:46 AM
http://www.awakenedlands.com/forums/view...4818#46205

Edited to take you directly to the post.
This post was last modified: 2009.Jun.26 08:48 AM by snorkelbill.
2009.Jun.26, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the link Snork, good work!

(yep I was correct again)
2009.Jun.26, 08:54 AM
(2009.Jun.26 08:52 AM)Dingus Wrote:  Thanks for the link Snork, good work!

YIPEEE!!!!!! RazzRazz

5.) You hit for 1073 points of damage. (xx) resists 20 for a total of 1053 damage. <-- My first crit over 1K - no candy. :-) 2/14/10

29.) You hit for 1120 points of damage. Xavier Halcon resists 54 for a total of 1066 damage. <-- 2/15/10!
2009.Jun.26, 10:05 AM
(2009.Jun.26 08:52 AM)Dingus Wrote:  Thanks for the link Snork, good work!

You're welcome. Although that thread still doesn't address the line everyone really wants to know about from the Combat Evasion Skill: "Dodging attacks with evasion requires a low encumbrance rate to take full use of your training."

That's the one thing I've never seen anyone weigh in on conclusively. I've read a couple threads where people went back and forth on the subject.

The best I can get is that the post I linked to was in March of last year. From what I understand, defensive skills came out after March, so that post may be outdated. At some point I'll try a test with myself highly encumbered (0.95 or so), moderately encumbered (0.50) and lightly encumbered (as low as I can get it, dunno what that will be), today is probably not that day Smile
2009.Jun.26, 10:13 AM
Play with your inventory.

From my tinkering I see absolutely no relevance to attacking/defending from your encumbrance.

Unless it has a future intention, it just looks like a pretty pointless number on a page.