Arena
2007.Jan.08, 04:46 PM
Arena
Ok, here is a cool idea...

Arena matches!
Scheduled matches where everyone gets to see the results of the combat. People can bet on the results.
Here is how I see it working...

I click on the arena link. In the arena, all weapons/armors are available for Arena use only. There is la cost to use armor/weapons that you do not own.

There are a couple of options available. I can put myself up for challenge. There is no fee to put yourself up for a challenge. When you put yourself up, you do so with a specific weapon/armor combo.

I could challenge someone. The challenged gets 1/2 the fee. The fee is based on level. The challenger does so with a specific weapon/armor combo.

The fight is scheduled. The winners gets EXP as normal. Both people receive money as stated. There are no gang bonuses in the arena. The fight itself causes no hospital time; and no Energy or Action Points would be lost. Only 1 arena fight per 24 hours per user would be allowed.

Anyone can bet on the results of the fight. Possible bets would include total rounds in the fight, who wins, damage taken by the victor. Bets are even money bets against other players. To place/accept a bet costs a fee based on the amount of the bet. The fee is split with 60% going to the winner, 30% to the loser and 10% for the house. For example, if I bet $1000, the fee might be $100. If someone accepts the bet, then the pot is $1800 (which goes to whoever wins the bet), with the actual winner of the fight being bet on getting $120 and the loser of the fight getting $60. This would help spur interest in the fights.
2007.Jan.08, 04:57 PM

Sounds fun
2007.Jan.08, 05:04 PM

Could be very interesting to develop and try I think.

Put in a max difference of levels (1 or 0 would probably be the best) so people don't exploit that to make easy money?
2007.Jan.08, 05:14 PM

cool idea and i like the all weapon obtion but i think it wil b best if theres no firearms.only combat weapons
2007.Jan.08, 05:22 PM

that would be sweet.
2007.Jan.10, 02:24 AM

if only i had better stats and i was about 10 levels higher
2007.Jan.11, 07:02 PM

making it hand to hand and without firearms, would really accentuate the need for strength, resistance and endurance AND some of the classes even more than they are.

i like that idea Smile
2007.Jan.11, 08:18 PM

O_o fist fights in an arena with a crowd would be awesome, kinda like back i nthe days of the gladiators.

Quote:if only i had better stats and i was about 10 levels higher
Then you would become great exp for me!!! :shock:
2007.Jan.11, 10:02 PM

Hmm, fists only... that sounds like a somewhat easy change to the already existing code for combat. Only problem is the combat output would be massive, since the fights would have to last until done.

Unless we had had another system for arena fighting.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Jan.11, 10:16 PM

no armour and both fighters use a club?