Arena
2007.Jan.13, 09:50 AM

sounds cool unless fading comes back... then I'm never going in the arena!

But I think fighting to half HP sounds like a good idea. Side bets could definitely be an interesting way to gamble here... and have more player interaction on that side.
2007.Jan.13, 12:27 PM

ok...not to complicate things...LOL

make bare knuckle fighting a group of classes... "Unarmed Combat" classes...3 or 4 levels. these classes are strictly for arena combat and have no bearing on the rest of the game, so no one gets an advantage in the main part of the game.

you cannot compete until you've completed at least one class.

You are limited to who you can compete with based on endurance/strength/level (make matches more even...even for the donators).

As not everyone will WANT to compete....from the list of qualified people for your character to fight, you must issue a challenge, or you can go and issue and open challenge for anyone to take up (so you don't have to be there at the same time)

I like the idea of doing this once per day...would allow for a "bigger" prize...perhaps 5x normal exp and a boost to your personal respect level (10pts perhaps per your level?)?

also, for the sake of damage, allow brass knuckles in the arena only. everyone gets them... to also keep the field level

as for keeping it seperate... make the arena a FREE land that anyone who's completed at least the first course can travel to, (for free...can you say redundancy? lol).
2007.Jan.14, 04:48 PM

Im in favor of the competing list, only those who wants to fight should be on it.

But I say give 100 hp (im guessing bare fist fights wont have that much damage per hit) to every1, make it a fight to the death, whether it takes 10 or 200 rounds and force people that are challenged to fight (with a maximum difference in levels). i.e. player X challenges player Y, they get in the arena without a possibility of running away and the best stats and fighter (since there's no weapons and same life for every1) wins.

You could also start having like "the weeks features match" after a while where the top 2 fighters gets into a spectacular fight (more life, every1 can see the attack log and etc) and people can bet money on the result with preset quote, like 5 to 1 for fighter X and 7-2 for fighter Y.

Of course, I have no idea on how long and/or hard all this would be to code, just letting my imagination go free here.
2007.Jan.17, 04:08 AM

you could have it like a hardcore gladator fight and you can find weapons in the arena so every turn you have say for example a 1/100th chance that you will find a spear while running round the arena so you throw it at your opponent doing 2times more then melee fists would or you have a 1/100th chance you will find a net and pin your opponent causing you to get to hits on your opponent while thier next to attacks are misses due to the fact they caught up in the net high dexterity coudl increase chances of finding weapons i imagine that it would be a nightmare to code but could be worth it and if you wanted to stick to the modern day realistic theme you could make the theme illeagal underground fighting in the pits weapon matches fight to the death no cops intervening and no stale mates just a fight to the death. anyways tell me what you think!!!
2007.Jun.03, 02:19 PM

Is this idea going to be used?
2007.Jun.03, 02:48 PM

if it does, I don't see it happening for a while. Zen already has a lot on her plate with this game.