loss of xp for a failed crime?
2009.Jun.12, 01:02 AM
RE: loss of xp for a failed crime?
Criming is designed for monetary gain mainly, with the xp component secondary, it's about money, not experience.

If you're looking to gain xp for your APs, stick with jailbusts.

"It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth." George F. Burns
2009.Jun.12, 01:15 AM
(2009.Jun.12 01:02 AM)Prophesy Wrote:  If you're looking to gain xp for your APs, stick with jailbusts.

I whole heartly agree, much better ex points jail busting than criming.

Proud US Navy Veteran
Just because you CAN cuss doesn't mean you NEED to....
2009.Jun.12, 02:43 AM
i think you missed my point, im not worried about gaining xp, i have that part down just fine. what i was not happy with is the loss of xp for a failed crime

the penalty outweighs the reward
2009.Jun.12, 08:57 AM
I'd say gain a few more levels,
Cash becomes easier and easier to make as you gain higher levels, and have a higher success rate with the tougher crimes.

From a game balancing viewpoint, it's almost too easy to make cash,
maybe thats why the xp loss is severe, to make it a tradeoff to go criming for cash, risking a potential xp loss.

But really though,
even several epic fails of some high level crimes per day, maybe 600-700 xps lost (for many failures, probably crimes you're not ready to try),
thats still only between 2-6 successful "leave attacks" (depending on level), and it's right back

"It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth." George F. Burns