Poll: Set a requirement on shield?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Setting Level limit on shield
2009.Mar.23, 01:08 PM
Setting Level limit on shield
The new shield resisted so much damage for the lower level player.

higher level players can dealt 200 - 500 damage on average. 70+ resist is not so bad. But...

I can't imagine a level 10 player who can dealt around 120 damage on average against a player that can resist 70+ damage per hit. If this is kept the same way, belt will be one of the required item for every players regardless of level.

We should have a level requirement.
Such as:
100 series can be equipped by anyone
200 series can be equipped by level 20+
300 series can be equipped by level 30+
This post was last modified: 2009.Mar.23 01:09 PM by ZeonOne.

Amend
2009.Mar.23, 01:18 PM
RE: Setting Level limit on shield
I disagree, what is the difference between a noob buying the shield or buying a bunch of endurance and making himself stronger. Obviously one is quicker, but either way, at lvl 10 or lower they would have to donate cash to get it. I say if you are donating money to the game, you should be able to spend it on whatever you want.

1.) You hit for 1407 points of damage. xxxxxxx resists 16 for a total of 1391 damage.
2009.Mar.23, 01:19 PM
i dont think that would be a very good idea
plus these shields are kinda heavy so i doubt alot of lower lvl players are
using 16-18 lb shields
2009.Mar.23, 01:26 PM
(2009.Mar.23 01:19 PM)DirkDanja Wrote:  i dont think that would be a very good idea
plus these shields are kinda heavy so i doubt alot of lower lvl players are
using 16-18 lb shields

Good point Dirk, as a melee player i don't ever have think about encumberance issues lol

1.) You hit for 1407 points of damage. xxxxxxx resists 16 for a total of 1391 damage.
2009.Mar.23, 01:30 PM
yeah this isnt much an issue with enc limits...would have been before though

doh
2009.Mar.23, 01:56 PM
It is understandable about the weapons/armor to have requirments but not for shields. Recharging belts are usually more than what lower players could afford but if they are able to afford to buy one and keep charged as need to why place requirements on this?
2009.Mar.23, 01:57 PM
yeah i was going to say, the combination of a high encumbrance and re-charging fee is handicap enough for a lower level player.
2009.Mar.23, 01:59 PM
*points above* There you go.
Pointless thread.
Lets find something less boring.
2009.Mar.23, 02:59 PM
(2009.Mar.23 01:57 PM)delpot Wrote:  yeah i was going to say, the combination of a high encumbrance and re-charging fee is handicap enough for a lower level player.

More like, it will come down to whoever has more money. The new belt felt like it will distance the donator and the non donator even more.

Half a years ago, for low player, a player with no shield against another player with shield won't 100% break and turn the battle around. At that time, I don't see shielding is a must half item. You still can go around without it. Now, I see player that dealt 100 damage normally, the other player will resist 70 damage out of that 100. It became a must have item to survive.

Can you imagine the new 400 series for these young players? There might be a problem coming. A good word to describe them would be pillow fighting.

One word for non-donor, u better be REALLY active to be able to buy CR, Housing, Armor, newest shield and the charges. Otherwise, I don't think you will get anywhere for at least a year.

Talk about strength, lower melee player have more advantage with the high encumbrance rate. Go get those low level range player with a belt. You will most like to win.

Just looking out for some new comer here.
This post was last modified: 2009.Mar.23 03:03 PM by ZeonOne.

Amend
2009.Mar.23, 03:08 PM
I think that if a newcomer has enough money to spend on a high level belt and recharge it he/she would rather increase the endurance and buy the best house possible.