Poll: Set a requirement on shield?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Setting Level limit on shield
2009.Mar.23, 05:51 PM
RE: Setting Level limit on shield
Maybe a VERY low int requirement? Like 7 max for the best. 'Cuz it takes some know-how to use a magnetic shield.

EDIT: Disappointed by the lack of bacon in this poll Evil
This post was last modified: 2009.Mar.23 05:52 PM by Accipender.

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2009.Mar.23, 06:28 PM
(2009.Mar.23 04:54 PM)delpot Wrote:  you really think a level 10 player with 0 res, a AA303 Vest and 301 belt will resist equivalent of TiB2?!

and here I am plugging away at Res to equip that damn thing.

equivalent would be an understatement. But, its always good to have a decent armor on to maximize the resistance rate. However, in the beginning, training resistance is so hard. With the shield so powerful, I don't think its worth it now.

(2009.Mar.23 04:57 PM)alinutza Wrote:  @ Zeon: resistance cannot be 0. no stat can be 0.

Anyway, i've always agreed with level requirement on items, so i agree with your idea

Yeah, you are right. Change the resistance to 1. But, u know what I meant to say when I said 0. lol

(2009.Mar.23 05:14 PM)Punisher Wrote:  with your set up above have you done the math to include endurance in there also....you know that borg str and end also affect possible max enc rate.....im too lazy to do the math, but is 18 str enough to carry that much stuff....i know fully loaded without stims/nimbus i have an enc rate of .42 and my str is 60

Start with 10kg capacity.
+.5 kg for each endurance level
+1 kg for each strength Borg level
+1.5 kg for each strength level

8kg - AA303
18kg - 301 belt
1.2kg - for a longblade

That's 27.2 or 28.

18 * 1.5kg = 27 + 10kg you start with.
You have 38 kg capacity already.

---------
Not necessary level requirement. But, stats requirement is good enough. Intelligent is a good stats to base on. It is under use.

Bacon, I had a feeling that this selection will be dominating the other two option. No Bacon this time. Razz
This post was last modified: 2009.Mar.23 06:35 PM by ZeonOne.

Amend
2009.Mar.23, 06:37 PM
(2009.Mar.23 06:28 PM)ZeonOne Wrote:  Bacon, I had a feeling that this selection will be dominating the other two option. No Bacon this time. Razz

What, a vote without Pork? O.o

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2009.Mar.23, 06:48 PM
(2009.Mar.23 05:44 PM)zenith Wrote:  I'm glad this topic came about. At least now I know a belt is not a disappointment, since normally all I get mailed is the belts need to be stronger.

Perhaps adding stat reqs for it and future belts will be needed now.

Thank You!

I can not imagine level 8 player getting those 400 series belt fighting against each other. It will be.. JailJail

Then again, I could find it to be quite humorous. lol
This post was last modified: 2009.Mar.23 06:50 PM by ZeonOne.

Amend
2009.Mar.23, 07:07 PM
as a newer player i disagree with the requirements, we need to be able to compete somehow if we work hard or donate hard we should be able to have access to them, new players will start dropping of from playing because all we are is fodder for those of you that have played longer, we need some sort of helpful item to stand a chance!!!!!!
2009.Mar.23, 07:30 PM
Thus why I said a low int requirement. Higher-ups who've gone to school will have no problem pulling out 7 int. Donators, likewise, will be able to get their int up.

2009.Mar.23, 07:36 PM
GOT YA, I CONSENT TO PARTIAL AGREEMENT LMAO
2009.Mar.23, 07:38 PM
(2009.Mar.23 07:36 PM)stormshadow Wrote:  GOT YA, I CONSENT TO PARTIAL AGREEMENT LMAO

1.) That makes no sense. Sorry.
2.) I see 'agreement'. I never disagreed lol.
3.) Have you ever used a belt, out of idle curiosity?

2009.Mar.23, 07:41 PM
Personally I dont think there should be any requirements on the shields. If the people who are that low of level can afford one, have the strength to equip it without being encumbered, then by rights they should be able to use it. It is a belt after all, not a weapon or a full armor vest.
2009.Mar.23, 07:55 PM
(2009.Mar.23 07:38 PM)Accipender Wrote:  
(2009.Mar.23 07:36 PM)stormshadow Wrote:  GOT YA, I CONSENT TO PARTIAL AGREEMENT LMAO

1.) That makes no sense. Sorry.
2.) I see 'agreement'. I never disagreed lol.
3.) Have you ever used a belt, out of idle curiosity?

yeah i use belts, what i meant was i agree that it take int to use stuff so i agree on a requirement