Experience point gain for successful defenses
2009.Mar.23, 04:22 PM
RE: Experience point gain for successful defenses
I got 80ish xp for someone overpowering on me that ussaly kicks my arse. He is a higher level and was in excellent condition when he attacked me. I think 80xp is rather low for that, my gang got 10 points from his overpower, I should get more then 80 for me beating him. Maybe 150 is a nice median for this exploit zen?
2009.Mar.23, 07:39 PM
(2009.Mar.23 04:18 PM)zenith Wrote:  The reason the XP for an overpower is low is to prevent power-leveling exploits. If players didn't attempt to powerlevel by getting scrubs to attack them over and over, we wouldn't have the issue of low XP on a successful defense.

I have played a couple text based games where this was an exploit used to power level and TBH I agree with the fact that it is off like it is.

The gang points however may be a different story altogether.

If I attack xxx person who has a higher power level then me, or is stronger then me, yes I should get more gang points for beating them then they should get for beating me, or for me biting off. Thats really just kind of common sense in my eyes.

For example:

There's several times during gang wars that I can catch someone at serious health, beat them, get 3-5 gang points off of them because they are that much stronger than I am. If said person is at full health and I cant beat them, than no, they shouldnt get the same amount of gang points.
2009.Mar.23, 07:47 PM
(2009.Mar.23 04:18 PM)zenith Wrote:  The reason the XP for an overpower is low is to prevent power-leveling exploits. If players didn't attempt to powerlevel by getting scrubs to attack them over and over, we wouldn't have the issue of low XP on a successful defense.

I remember in the past we used to get good exp but was exploited.

Any way of modifying it to where if someone attacks and gets overpower'd, similar exp would be earned as if you attacked them. Of course would have to lower the exp if they were unequip'd do to the exploit. But if the person is fully equip'd with weapon, armor, belt, etc. would it be hard to code in respective exp for overpowering?

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2009.Mar.23, 07:49 PM
Yeah if they are unequipped make the xp 0.
2009.Mar.23, 08:13 PM
imo you should get similar exp as if you had attacked them and won. Maybe even a bit more. Just my 2 cents.

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2009.Mar.23, 08:33 PM
(2009.Mar.23 07:49 PM)thatthingufear Wrote:  Yeah if they are unequipped make the xp 0.

You really want your enemies to unequip to prevent you from getting any XP for them?

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.Mar.23, 08:36 PM
(2009.Mar.23 08:33 PM)zenith Wrote:  
(2009.Mar.23 07:49 PM)thatthingufear Wrote:  Yeah if they are unequipped make the xp 0.

You really want your enemies to unequip to prevent you from getting any XP for them?

Only if they attack you. But they should still lose the same amount of xp for hitting you. If we hit yoda we should still get the same xp.
2009.Mar.24, 12:36 AM
The best defense is a good offense.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2009.Mar.24, 08:05 AM
This unforunately seems to be one of those situations where one person has exploited an aspect of the game, so the rest of the community has to pay for it. I understand how a lot of you feel, wanting more exp for your solid defense, but if you have gone this far in the game already with the way it is then it can just be something to suck up and move on with. There are probably other aspects of the game that we can improve first.
2009.Mar.24, 08:55 AM
(2009.Mar.23 08:33 PM)zenith Wrote:  

No, not at all.

Amend