AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Experience point gain for successful defenses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Recently I have been beaten time and again by a player that I know gets 400+ experience for beating me.

With an upgrade in skill and a good belt I overpowered him.

My reward 81 experience points.

I fail to see the parity.
It's a cock-block, ain't it?

ZhuSeth

(2009.Mar.23 10:51 AM)Moriarty Wrote: [ -> ]Recently I have been beaten time and again by a player that I know gets 400+ experience for beating me.

With an upgrade in skill and a good belt I overpowered him.

My reward 81 experience points.

I fail to see the parity.

When he won, should you have lost an equal number of exp as he gained?
Thats not how it works Zhu.

ZhuSeth

My point was: when you get attacked and defeated you lose little experience points so why should you get lots of experience if you win?
It's only natural that you won't gain much exp if you overpower your attacker.

delpot

i agree with the OP...

this falls in line with:

in gang wars, if you gang battle someone and win 1 pt, being overpowered by the same person often can earn them 3 pts.

shouldn't the correlation be similar? you should be rewarded heavier for being on the defensive and able to pull off the victory.
(2009.Mar.23 11:47 AM)ZhuSeth Wrote: [ -> ]My point was: when you get attacked and defeated you lose little experience points so why should you get lots of experience if you win?
Totally agree, i wouldn't want to lose 250 to 300 xp every time someone hit me while i was offline, i would never level up, 50 to 100 whether I win or lose is fine with me.
(2009.Mar.23 11:58 AM)nathanket Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009.Mar.23 11:47 AM)ZhuSeth Wrote: [ -> ]My point was: when you get attacked and defeated you lose little experience points so why should you get lots of experience if you win?
Totally agree, i wouldn't want to lose 250 to 300 xp every time someone hit me while i was offline, i would never level up, 50 to 100 whether I win or lose is fine with me.

And this explains y we get such shitty exp for overpowers... Plz thank moaners like these 2 for our shitty exp. You 2 have absolutely no understanding of a game where you hit ppl for exp. Of course you should get more of you overpower them. You dont tho I get that kind of bull often Moriarty... it sure as hell isnt geared for those random times when you finally get your own back.

ZhuSeth

Gee, I wonder who's moaning about not getting enough experience. Smile
Checked a mirror lately?
The reason the XP for an overpower is low is to prevent power-leveling exploits. If players didn't attempt to powerlevel by getting scrubs to attack them over and over, we wouldn't have the issue of low XP on a successful defense.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's