Yes 41.67% 20 41.67%
No 33.33% 16 33.33%
Bacon, This means you dont care and counts as no. 25.00% 12 25.00%
Total 48 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Skills
2009.Mar.22, 07:02 PM
RE: Skills
(2009.Mar.22 06:58 PM)ZeonOne Wrote:  Personally, I think there should be a way to change skill. However, to prevent the swap to be over use, we should put a limit on how many time each person can switch.

I say 3 times for the whole character is decent.

Many new comer started out with a weapon that they mostly likely received for free. They say, gee.. lets stick with this range weapon. Later on, they found out that they are more suitable to use melee.

Now, they are stuck. Most players aren't as lucky as some of the old player to have tested all the weapon before investing their hour into them.

thats what im sayin. even set a 1 time limit on each skill genre. u can switch melee skils 1 time, ranged skills 1 time and defensive 1 time.

If I want to manufacture biological weapons with my copy of iTunes, I will, fascists. Ditch this bullshit.
6.) You hit for 1245 points of damage. **** resists 34 for a total of 1211 damage.
2009.Mar.22, 07:08 PM
(2009.Mar.22 06:55 PM)BlitzKrieg Wrote:  
(2009.Mar.22 06:21 PM)snorkelbill Wrote:  Though I'm not really sure how I feel about the ability to change skills, I will throw out another option based off what Preacher said.

Why not make it a borg? Since our world is certainly cyberpunk enough for something like this to exist, it seems reasonable that some wetware could be installed to "rewire the brain." Obviously muscle memory from hours of training wouldn't convert directly to a different weapon/skill.

It'd cost humanity, money, and depending on the quality of the borg could be used to translate some percentage of hours from one skill to another.

That way the people that think it should cost money, not a percentage could buy the higher grade borg and get a better percentage conversion. I do agree that if it's possible it should be costly, and not something to be undertaken lightly.

I happen to be one of the lucky ones that started training in the skill I want to be in, so wouldn't be a candidate for the switch. <-- full disclosure there.

Freaking genius and +1!!

+1 agreed

There is a place for borgs in the pantheon.

Like it or not, and even with a small population of officials, this is a part of the game, strategy or not.

There is no magic in AL, there is technology.

On the list of stuff Zen is working on, I sure hope more and more "borg" like options will kick in, including:

- endurance & intel borgs
- borg change option for medics
- borg skills
- borg add ons: like, i don't know.
- a costly borg health regen (10 millions or w/e) that refreshes
your health 20% faster
- a borg storage, that changes your belly in a empty whole and
makes room for you to carry more stuff

w/e

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2009.Mar.22, 07:23 PM
and a way to remove borgs and regain your humanity

"I wasn't resisting arrest, I was resenting arrest."
Some people are like slinkies they are really good for nothing but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
2009.Mar.22, 07:25 PM
(2009.Mar.22 07:02 PM)JaySin Wrote:  thats what im sayin. even set a 1 time limit on each skill genre. u can switch melee skils 1 time, ranged skills 1 time and defensive 1 time.

Easily enough handled with borgs too. Just allow three levels of borg to be purchased, each one being a switch, and more costly than the last.
2009.Mar.22, 07:41 PM
(2009.Mar.22 07:08 PM)Gornikel Wrote:  On the list of stuff Zen is working on, I sure hope more and more "borg" like options will kick in, including:

- endurance & intel borgs
- borg change option for medics
- borg skills
- borg add ons: like, i don't know.
- a costly borg health regen (10 millions or w/e) that refreshes
your health 20% faster
- a borg storage, that changes your belly in a empty whole and
makes room for you to carry more stuff

w/e

Sorry for the hijack, Jay, but my understanding is that borgs don't always kick in...how would this work for intel and end? Sometimes gym trains are better, and sometimes crimes pay better?

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2009.Mar.23, 11:48 AM
Finally made it through all this BS, and IMO that's exactly what it is. I have 2 and a half ranks in rifle that I will probably never use and I'm not trying find a way to convert it. If you want to change skills, then change skills, but they shouldn't be transferable. Besides, how do you unlearn a skill?

1.) You hit for 1407 points of damage. xxxxxxx resists 16 for a total of 1391 damage.
2009.Mar.23, 11:51 AM
(2009.Mar.23 11:48 AM)nathanket Wrote:  Finally made it through all this BS, and IMO that's exactly what it is. I have 2 and a half ranks in rifle that I will probably never use and I'm not trying find a way to convert it. If you want to change skills, then change skills, but they shouldn't be transferable. Besides, how do you unlearn a skill?

the same as unlearning an ability in a career i guess... u ignore it.Rolleyes

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl