retirement
2009.Jan.14, 01:45 PM

In other words, it's a battle of opinions that can only be backed further by yet more opinions.
2009.Jan.14, 01:46 PM

Or facts and examples, as I've provided.
2009.Jan.14, 01:47 PM

TommiTheTaco Wrote:Or facts and examples, as I've provided.

No, because by the definition of the word, you are right, and you are wrong. They cancel each other out, thus leaving only opinion to make the argument.
2009.Jan.14, 01:50 PM

sem·i·re·tired (sm-r-trd, sm-)
adj.
Working only on a part-time basis, as for reasons of ill health or advanced age.

I suppose you're old in AL terms.

1.) You hit for 1445 points of damage. XXXXX resists 29 for a total of 1416 damage.

2009.Jan.14, 01:50 PM

So, the right and the wrong are equal value? Or are you grasping for straws so that you aren't shown to be wrong and made a fool of?

I happen to know I'm not wrong. If you can prove I'm wrong, then go for it.
2009.Jan.14, 01:52 PM

TommiTheTaco Wrote:So, the right and the wrong are equal value? Or are you grasping for straws so that you aren't shown to be wrong and made a fool of?

The proof is in the definition.

@ weathers, honestly never looked up the definition of semiretired; however that definition defeats any argument of Behemoth anyway. the "as" in that sentence means "mainly because of but not always."
2009.Jan.14, 01:53 PM

I'm not trying to prove anyone right or wrong. Just thought I'd chip in with the definition banding going around.

1.) You hit for 1445 points of damage. XXXXX resists 29 for a total of 1416 damage.

2009.Jan.14, 01:56 PM

iceman2020 Wrote:
TommiTheTaco Wrote:So, the right and the wrong are equal value? Or are you grasping for straws so that you aren't shown to be wrong and made a fool of?

The proof is in the definition.

@ weathers, honestly never looked up the definition of semiretired; however that definition defeats any argument of Behemoth anyway. the "as" in that sentence means "mainly because of but not always."

This is a game, so you know. In-game age doesn't affect your character, otherwise that definition would work very well with cutting me down.

One more try, BBH.
2009.Jan.14, 01:57 PM

having a difficult time reading Tommi? That last line defeats your previous post.
2009.Jan.14, 02:00 PM

Do I need to simplify myself for you, BBH? College money should be spent on college, not your game advancement. Go to school.

This is a game. Your character does not suffer from the effects of aging. It won't work EVER in the game, so semi-retirement's definition will NEVER help you in your argument.

Try again.
Thread Closed