Zen, Where is my diploma?
2008.Dec.15, 10:55 PM

make it career based,college course's only available to those who chose to promote career's...

heres a example

contractor course-must have lvl 4 engineer or construction to enroll

so many points in each stat,blah,blah,blah,,you get the point.. say it takes lvl 25 energy to enroll,plus it takes 3 months to complete
2008.Dec.15, 11:26 PM

why cant if you have finished all the sports classes go on to be a sports trainer and get like 500 points in end

same as intel and computers and stuff
2008.Dec.16, 02:14 AM

This discussion always evolves into something overly complicated or unbalanced.

Give me 8 reasonable graduate-level courses with their benefits. Let's make this a community project, and see if there can be a general consensus over this topic.

Requirements :
  • These courses cannot be taken unless all other courses in the original school code are completed.
  • Time should not just automatically count down like the original school code. You need to be active.
  • Limit bonuses to dev points only.
  • Just because these are "graduate level" doesn't mean the bonuses should be out of control. Keep the bonuses to respectable levels.

I personally don't think just finishing the original school courses should be enough to get you in. I think there should be more restrictions on these, such as a minimum intelligence / reputation requirement.

Let's see where this topic leads.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Dec.16, 02:37 AM

zenith Wrote:This discussion always evolves into something overly complicated or unbalanced.

Give me 8 reasonable graduate-level courses with their benefits. Let's make this a community project, and see if there can be a general consensus over this topic.

Requirements :
  • These courses cannot be taken unless all other courses in the original school code are completed.
  • Time should not just automatically count down like the original school code. You need to be active.
  • Limit bonuses to dev points only.
  • Just because these are "graduate level" doesn't mean the bonuses should be out of control. Keep the bonuses to respectable levels.

I personally don't think just finishing the original school courses should be enough to get you in. I think there should be more restrictions on these, such as a minimum intelligence / reputation requirement.

Let's see where this topic leads.

i think it should be intelligence and the level at which the person is
2008.Dec.16, 04:43 AM

Thank you Zen.

Obama's balls, your chin...............Suckers..........Duped again.
Benders face, my ass....................Sucker Dupe
2008.Dec.16, 08:30 AM

I like the idea of the carreer requirements. but maybe also a number of days the person must be currently active in that carreer and maintain that carreer while the class is ongoing. Kind of like an apprenticeship?

Intell or dex might also be a factor depeding on the type of class or other attributes. You definitely dont want to make it a walk in the park like the basic classes.

Maybe make a randomizer determined by a skill level or intel leve that would determine the % of completion of the class rather than saying it takes so many days. Kind of like the skills.
2008.Dec.16, 09:00 AM

So, taking into account all of the stated requirements, why not set up the higher level classes similar to the way skills are set up.

You not only have to log in everyday, but, you also have to "study" say 4 times a day. It could cost energy or AP.

The classes should enhance the already focused on stat growth of the career chosen.
2008.Dec.16, 09:46 AM

Example College level Course:

Master Masonry

Course Description:

In graduate level Master Masonry, you will learn the most up to date processes in structural fortification and resistance. These tools afford both yourself and your gang wonderful benefits. For yourself, an added boost in the conversion of your career points to development points. For your gang, the added security of having a hideout refresher able to repair and fortify the hideout better than any other.

Pre-Requisites:

Level: 25
Intelligence: 10
Career: Construction
Career Level: 8
Schooling: Finished all previous AL Schooling.

Course Length:

Grad Level 101 - 30 days, studying 4 hours a day.

Grad Level 201 - 60 days, studying 6 hours a day.

Grad Level 301 - 90 days, studying 8 hours a day.
2008.Dec.16, 09:55 AM

Marlo Wrote:Example College level Course:

Master Masonry

Course Description:

In graduate level Master Masonry, you will learn the most up to date processes in structural fortification and resistance. These tools afford both yourself and your gang wonderful benefits. For yourself, an added boost in the conversion of your career points to development points. For your gang, the added security of having a hideout refresher able to repair and fortify the hideout better than any other.

Pre-Requisites:

Course Length:

Sounds good. So three grad levels for each career?

But their is one that they fear. In their tongue it is nova-king, DRAGONBORN!
2008.Dec.16, 10:01 AM

Marlo Wrote:Example College level Course:

Master Masonry

Course Description:

Pre-Requisites:

Schooling: Finished all previous AL Schooling.

Course Length:

i think we should knock the rep to lvl 2 and the intelligence to 7(for the non-donators)
that way ther will be no discutions imo

"I wasn't resisting arrest, I was resenting arrest."
Some people are like slinkies they are really good for nothing but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.