Pullo was right
2008.Nov.02, 07:17 PM

we do need clarity on this...ive hosped people for days and been on the receiving end of it many times...can we get a call here Wink

doh
2008.Nov.02, 07:24 PM

I feel it's pretty clear. Don't randomly hospitalize people. That was not what the option was intended for doing.
2008.Nov.02, 08:01 PM

mudpies Wrote:
biffbaffboff Wrote:
mudpies Wrote:Most of the people I was hitting were in their high teens or twenties. I had no part in any other shenanigans going on, I was just bored with the game and not growing due to low activity. Changing my game play made it interesting again.

Fed'd for a few online hosps. That sets quite the precedent.

I am glad putting your self serving interest's first made you enjoy the game again.For all the player's you hit and made their day un enjoyable I am sure they are glad to see the back of you.

If they had been multiple hits a day I would agree with you. They were not.

Have a good pillowfight.

I don't like mudpies, and I don't like blackjeep... but I am afraid we are crossing a threshold here... I saw what mud was doing and this is crossing a line? being annoying is just what what muddy did FFS how far is this gonna go?
2008.Nov.02, 08:02 PM

For those who abuse hospitalize option, would the admin take away their hospitalization privilege instead?

since this game has been created, this is the first time player got ban from this case. I feel this is over doing it.

I don't know mudpie that well. He tried to hospitalized me several times. I can't speak for other, but, what I have learned is that this is part of the game. Fed Jailing player is certainly way way over doing it.

I am speaking for my behave. As, this situation CAN be apply to anyone now. And, not just those who are in probation.

Here are things that I found that is turning sour.

1.) The philosophy is to create more player and not taking away from it.

2.) This create a mix feeling of insecurity to many players. If the admin feel its bad, then they can ban you.

3.) This is against the philosophy of the Admin of NOT playing the mommy role.

4.) There are many other way that can resolve this issues. Forcing the problem to end this way will be like a dictatorship role. As we learn in our history class, running a system in "FEAR" does not work.

Amend
2008.Nov.02, 08:05 PM

ZeonOne Wrote:4.) There are many other way that can resolve this issues. Forcing the problem to end this way will be like a dictatorship role. As we learn in our history class, running a system in "FEAR" does not work.

Just play the game the way it was intended to be played and there will be no fear. Not once have nor will I ever have fear of getting banned by the admins.
2008.Nov.02, 08:10 PM

How is the game suppose to be play? Obviously, it is not clearly define anywhere.

Look, the past event of "Credit Mugging" got so big than it was intended. Does it make you feel that a "POSSIBLE" ban is coming due to the recent events?

If this continue, I feel that Fed Jailing will expand to many categories.

Amend
2008.Nov.02, 08:29 PM

The law only applies to certain players. Everyone else is free to run amok.
2008.Nov.02, 08:32 PM

Nope, credit muggers have no worries. Completely legit means of doing so.

Train, war, hospitalize those who perform some action that earns a hospitalization.

Don't hospitalize random players because it makes you feel good. That is an easy breach of spirit of the game.

Don't gather personal info of other players. Get a life instead.

Don't cheat.

The hospitalization option was intended to settle disputes, not to be used freely however, whenever, for an unlimited duration of time.
2008.Nov.02, 08:42 PM

I know what you are trying to say iceman.

But, this is only how you see it. It doesn't express how the admins might have see this.

At this point, it sure seems like a player got fed jailed with only several hospitalization. Many player have done that in the past. Why did they get the short end of the stick? It get you to think.

Look, if hospitalization is the source of this problem, one way to fix this is to change the game mechanic. Remember this, this playing style is allowed by the game mechanic. So is many other.

Amend
2008.Nov.02, 08:44 PM

Quote:"Don't hospitalize random players because it makes you feel good. That is an easy breach of spirit of the game."
"The hospitalization option was intended to settle disputes, not to be used freely however, whenever, for an unlimited duration of time".

Just like credit mugging, it was never intended to work that way, yet it does. get over it. they either remove the hosp option completely or allow players to choose what they want to do.