Mass mugging
2008.Oct.30, 04:44 PM

Mock8800 Wrote:
90ranajo Wrote:Keep the beta testers and just have them DQ'd from winning and/or competing in the contest.

I was thinking of taking it much farther. Their not allowed to mail anyone in the game or receive mails till the competition.

Just bring back the fed jailed to do the testing bwahahaha
2008.Oct.30, 04:45 PM

biffbaffboff Wrote:Well it was the most difficult event to code no doubt about it.No need to beat yourself up over one small thing.

no, im curious as to why i still cant beat these things.
2008.Oct.30, 04:46 PM

BadLuck Wrote:
zenith Wrote:
Mock8800 Wrote:However this does show that future programs need to be tested not just by zenith but by a select group of players.

That is what Major cooperation do and AL is getting bigger and needs these programs tested as much as possible.

Just my opinion.

Used to do this. Then the masses cried it was unfair because this select group got to see what was coming before it was released. That's the only reason we stopped.

Wow people cried about a group of beta testers? WTF, I'm sorry but thats lame.
You'd be surprise at what people can complain and whine for...
2008.Oct.30, 05:07 PM

The code was fixed around 2:30pm server time. That's when I posted the newspaper notice, and that's when the first portion of today's leader board ends. As far as I'm concerned, from that point on is a separate contest and has the code fix. The leader board for the 2nd portion doesn't have any players who are mopping up like previous contests.

As for the beta-testing, there was a lot of complaints that some players got to be beta testers and some didn't.

As for make-up, I can't very well say those who won don't get anything. But those who participated and feel slighted will have some "Ghoulache" to eat. For those who have no clue, look at item number 264.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Oct.30, 05:10 PM

where do we get those?
2008.Oct.30, 05:11 PM

Ghoulache
Item Type Food
Legality Legal
Availability Rating 0
Concealment Rating 10
Weight (kilograms) 0.0 kg
Standard Price N/A
Trade-in Value N/A
As a make-up to those who attempted the October 2008 contest and feel a bug stole money from them, this little dish attempts to soothe their hunger for retribution against the Admin monster. Eating it will completely heal their health and energy.

Elite!
2008.Oct.30, 05:12 PM

Everything will be handed out after the contest. That Ghoulache will be handed out based on how many attempts were made in the bugged contests to make up for my mistake.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Oct.30, 05:13 PM

Ghoulache :wink:
2008.Oct.30, 05:14 PM

zenith Wrote:Everything will be handed out after the contest. That Ghoulache will be handed out based on how many attempts were made in the bugged contests to make up for my mistake.

I think this is very fair Biggrin

*holds out bowl*
2008.Oct.30, 05:15 PM

Id like some of that ghoulache or is it spelled ghoul ache?