Mass mugging
2008.Oct.30, 04:22 PM

oh i thought it was something else.

i dont know about all of this, while i dont agree that a thread should have been started about this, i do think that if she knows this contest is a mistake WHY is it still going on?

oh and to all the people who say that we should just give up because this contest isnt for us? well you are wrong. this contest was for the players of AL and that includes all of us. not the people whos stats are just right for 240+ straight wins. i dont want to not compete simply because "its not my contest" screw that

if its for everyone, it should be fair for everyone. based on the results, its obviously not fair for everyone.

example:
beer drinking and firework contest-fair for everyone
fight yourself as a ghoul- obviously not fair
2008.Oct.30, 04:26 PM

buuddha Wrote:oh i thought it was something else.

i dont know about all of this, while i dont agree that a thread should have been started about this, i do think that if she knows this contest is a mistake WHY is it still going on?

oh and to all the people who say that we should just give up because this contest isnt for us? well you are wrong. this contest was for the players of AL and that includes all of us. not the people whos stats are just right for 240+ straight wins. i dont want to not compete simply because "its not my contest" screw that

if its for everyone, it should be fair for everyone. based on the results, its obviously not fair for everyone.

example:
beer drinking and firework contest-fair for everyone
fight yourself as a ghoul- obviously not fair

the contest is still going on because the bug has been fixed, it is now fair for everyone. there are still little tricks that can help you out, but you can still lose.

and we didnt say it wasnt for everyone, we only told people to give up beacause they were fighting a lost cause (at least the ones that didnt know about the exploit).

kick the real world in the sac
2008.Oct.30, 04:28 PM

WTF so you won on an exploit?
2008.Oct.30, 04:33 PM

Mock8800 Wrote:However this does show that future programs need to be tested not just by zenith but by a select group of players.

That is what Major cooperation do and AL is getting bigger and needs these programs tested as much as possible.

Just my opinion.

Used to do this. Then the masses cried it was unfair because this select group got to see what was coming before it was released. That's the only reason we stopped.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Oct.30, 04:37 PM

zenith
Posted: Oct 30 2008 3:21 Reply with quote
Game Creator Admin Zenith Userid: 2 Level: 18
AL Admins
Lucky666 wrote:

sorry if i said anything bad Zen(the cash/energy and the fact that ppls wer winning with perfect scores got to me to)

That's the reason I was combing through the code. There was a lame ' sitting in a place it shouldn't have been.

so is that when this contest was fixed, and now its fair?
2008.Oct.30, 04:37 PM

zenith Wrote:
Mock8800 Wrote:However this does show that future programs need to be tested not just by zenith but by a select group of players.

That is what Major cooperation do and AL is getting bigger and needs these programs tested as much as possible.

Just my opinion.

Used to do this. Then the masses cried it was unfair because this select group got to see what was coming before it was released. That's the only reason we stopped.

Wow people cried about a group of beta testers? WTF, I'm sorry but thats lame.
2008.Oct.30, 04:39 PM

Keep the beta testers and just have them DQ'd from winning and/or competing in the contest.
2008.Oct.30, 04:40 PM

buuddha Wrote:WTF so you won on an exploit?

It was not necessary an exploit.

Some players have this setup without them knowingly. After the first day, it's up to the rest of us to figure out why they have those advantages.

So.. some got lucky, some tried very hard and figured it out, some just got unlucky.

Amend
2008.Oct.30, 04:40 PM

Well it was the most difficult event to code no doubt about it.No need to beat yourself up over one small thing.
2008.Oct.30, 04:42 PM

90ranajo Wrote:Keep the beta testers and just have them DQ'd from winning and/or competing in the contest.

I was thinking of taking it much farther. Their not allowed to mail anyone in the game or receive mails till the competition.

But their is one that they fear. In their tongue it is nova-king, DRAGONBORN!