both would be nice and things are a bit confusing as a noob either way

will said modifications
1. Add elemental damage and/or res to weapon/armor
2. Increase weapon/armor ability
3. Decrease weapon/armor value
4. Will they be removeable or interchangable
5. Or will we be able to create new items with junk items we find
2008.Oct.10, 12:21 AM

More crimes similar in stats and money for CMLs and high end cars please!
2008.Oct.10, 12:33 AM

How about higher ap crimes only start to give items and then higher career ailities to be able to use them? could open up a whole new market for people selling the items they have stolen.

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2008.Oct.10, 12:35 AM

i would like to be able to find items while doing crimes, makes it more interesting and a little bit more complicated yes but nothing you cant get used to.
2008.Oct.10, 02:06 AM

If higher level crimes gave items then the price the could sell for could reflect this. I.e Explosive Material marketed for $2500-$3000 would give a higher return than the Airport security.

I suggest higher level crimes so it is something to work towards for newer members.

2008.Oct.10, 03:19 AM

yes, and so some new dude cant just come across a really rare item and then quit haha (thats if there will be rare items).
2008.Oct.10, 04:40 AM

I think that could be good idea but only if probablity of gain items would be very low like (1%-5%) so generally you still would get $
2008.Oct.10, 04:48 AM

Very true raf, we wouldnt want to swamp the community with this stuff or it stops being valuable and a novelty. A 5% chance sounds about right.

Id suggest one crime to rob a chemicals warehouse ordinarily in search of stuff to sell to the drug market, so payouts between $1000 and $3000 but at a random chance you stumble on nitroglycerine that you steal instead. 40 Ap crime?

This could then be passed to scientists that at a certain level (8?) could convert it to explosives to be used to attack a hideout by someone. Perhaps it could do 1000 damage and randomly hospitalise a few players in the gang.

2008.Oct.10, 05:05 AM

Really like the sound of all this would add alot to the game and take away a bit of the tediousness of just clicking meth etc 2 plus times.

Coming from the comp as will would be cool if there was some that give out items to mod our weapons that in turn would again help to make everyones toons that wee bit different.

Agree it should be for higher ups that way it can be keyed to skills and careers and gets away from the whole noobs finding it complicated and getting overwhelmed, it was already changed so a under 5 cant see all the crimes this is just a bigger step in the same direction.