How screwed up is referals
2008.Oct.03, 10:05 PM

I think an easy fix would be to make the referral code persist on all pages that can be clicked without signing up with the exception of the forums, not sure we can make it persist there. There is still always a chance that they remove the id from the field when they sign up, but at least it would get put in there automatically no matter what.

Also, just because someone says they made sure your id was in there doesn't mean it was. Not everyone likes to give people the bonuses even if they say they will.
2008.Oct.03, 10:23 PM

indeed

If I want to manufacture biological weapons with my copy of iTunes, I will, fascists. Ditch this bullshit.
6.) You hit for 1245 points of damage. **** resists 34 for a total of 1211 damage.
2008.Oct.04, 04:07 AM

Err,the players ive brought in our friends from another game.If they say they will use my referral link they will.
2008.Oct.04, 05:02 AM

How has Zeus been able to getinto the comp he has 1 ref but is inactive for 30days?.
2008.Oct.04, 05:14 AM

ShadowKid Wrote:How has Zeus been able to getinto the comp he has 1 ref but is inactive for 30days?.

:roll: someone must have written his id in the field on the registration page

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio
2008.Oct.04, 05:22 AM

Slap me lol.
2008.Oct.04, 07:45 AM

they must have done something wrong then i cant tell if my ppl r coming in wrong cause its random ppl
i only know if i know them and my friends join but its working

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
2008.Oct.04, 11:57 AM

yea now its happening to me 5 in a row now jeez this thing is hard to do and its annoying when u don't get it 2
the ref code should be untouchable and all they have to do is register

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
2008.Oct.04, 02:10 PM

I ran an experiment with Biff last night, and I had a random person from my list, that doesn't normally play games, to sign up using his link, and she did it just right.

People get curious. People want to know what they are getting into, most of the time. You can't really blame 'em, either. Just tell them to get themselves signed up using that link, then help them through the game a little bit.
2008.Oct.04, 02:12 PM

TommiTheTaco Wrote:I ran an experiment with Biff last night, and I had a random person from my list, that doesn't normally play games, to sign up using his link, and she did it just right.

People get curious. People want to know what they are getting into, most of the time. You can't really blame 'em, either. Just tell them to get themselves signed up using that link, then help them through the game a little bit.
Thats what I do, but there are still the idiots who can't follow simple insturctions.