The retirement district
2008.Sep.19, 09:41 PM

Jolabent Wrote:I think that it is ok to have a retirement district. First off, it was the player's money (if they donated) to decide how to invest it in. They should also have the choice of how they want to play the game and how they want to end the game. Yes people have used others to achieve their levels. But if they want to take their character and retire it, what difference would it be if you have a DELETE button?

Either way, you would not have access to them ever again. If I ever stop playing AL, retirement district will be my choice. I invested my time and money into my character, so how I end it should be my choice.

I've checked out a lot of games like this and not one of them offered a Delete button or a Retirement District. They're all you join, you play, you leave. And people use you as a step up for their game.

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2008.Sep.19, 09:48 PM

better staying anywhere than getting deleted in some games if you go inactive and they need space they will delete your file

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
2008.Sep.19, 09:48 PM

Ya know what the thing of it is for me though. The fact that any effort was put into accommodating players that are QUITTING THE GAME.

The administrators nor the players should not pay one care outside of nice words to those who choose to leave.
2008.Sep.19, 09:50 PM

Jolabent Wrote:I think that it is ok to have a retirement district. First off, it was the player's money (if they donated) to decide how to invest it in. They should also have the choice of how they want to play the game and how they want to end the game. Yes people have used others to achieve their levels. But if they want to take their character and retire it, what difference would it be if you have a DELETE button?

Either way, you would not have access to them ever again. If I ever stop playing AL, retirement district will be my choice. I invested my time and money into my character, so how I end it should be my choice.

Nice post Jola, maybe I could change my mind about if a retirement dist should exist.

If you have never hit an inactive to get where you are then fine stand on that ground. But this is about EXP not Money. So if you have used inactives to level at all, then what is good for the goose should be good for the gander. No disrespect...
2008.Sep.19, 10:55 PM

playajam Wrote:Yeah. You absolutely pwnt me back when I hit you online for no reason.

I'm sorry. I'll try not to pwn you so much next time.
2008.Sep.19, 11:02 PM

any special olympics bench player could school taco head in bbal. it's not hard to steal a ball from a 200lb 14 year old
2008.Sep.19, 11:04 PM

Owwie. You hurt me so good, Playajam. Please, do it some more. It's so adorable when you're being Polly Pissy Pants.
2008.Sep.19, 11:08 PM

Enough. Take a hint and realize why I removed your previous posts.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Sep.20, 01:09 AM

I don't see the point in a retirement district. It doesn't hurt a retired player any more than 1 level's experience at most (if they're worried about what happens to their online roleplaying game character after they never play sign on again then they can level before they "retire" to not lose ANY experience). There are TOO few inactives at various levels to hit for exp to begin with...
2008.Sep.20, 07:00 AM

McCule Wrote:I don't see the point in a retirement district. It doesn't hurt a retired player any more than 1 level's experience at most (if they're worried about what happens to their online roleplaying game character after they never play sign on again then they can level before they "retire" to not lose ANY experience). There are TOO few inactives at various levels to hit for exp to begin with...
Quted for truth!