The retirement district
2008.Sep.28, 06:17 PM

we should consider ourselves lucky. i play many games where if you are onactive for 30 days or more you are either deleted from the game or unable to be attacked until you become activ again.
2008.Sep.28, 06:53 PM

I clicked your avatar
2008.Sep.28, 07:07 PM

Me Too

If I want to manufacture biological weapons with my copy of iTunes, I will, fascists. Ditch this bullshit.
6.) You hit for 1245 points of damage. **** resists 34 for a total of 1211 damage.
2008.Sep.28, 08:08 PM

me too but I didn't get to see any nakedness? :roll:
2008.Sep.28, 08:41 PM

Fallout Wrote:And w00k managed to get in there twice, despite the fact it was supposedly a one shot deal.

w00k made it known to me that I never posted that the retirement district was a one-shot deal, even though he knew about it and stated so. I thought I had posted it a long time ago that you could not go back to it but could not find it. I also didn't see it in any mail I had sent him. If someone can find where I posted this information anywhere in-game or the forums prior to him quitting the 2nd time let me know.

Since the district is closed the point is moot, but that's why he arrived back to retirement.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Sep.28, 09:52 PM

*Clicks Saerin's avatar* darn I didn't get to view anything!
2008.Sep.29, 02:46 PM

zenith Wrote:
Fallout Wrote:And w00k managed to get in there twice, despite the fact it was supposedly a one shot deal.

w00k made it known to me that I never posted that the retirement district was a one-shot deal, even though he knew about it and stated so. I thought I had posted it a long time ago that you could not go back to it but could not find it. I also didn't see it in any mail I had sent him. If someone can find where I posted this information anywhere in-game or the forums prior to him quitting the 2nd time let me know.

Since the district is closed the point is moot, but that's why he arrived back to retirement.

let's work this from a "different angle" 8)

zenith Wrote:I'll be pre-locking this thread before someone shoves a boot into their mouth. But before I do I'd like to share something...

Beelzebub was the former #1 for quite some time. He focused on training and fought people infrequently. He was well ahead of everyone in almost every stat. Sure, he was the 3rd person to ever register, but he still busted his butt to get to the top. There wasn't much in terms to spend credits on so all the money he gave us went straight to his house or to boost the houses of other players. Plus back then no one even realized that endurance helped with stat trains.

He then attacked someone and had a complaint. He attacked another player and they complained. He attacked Casanova to tell him he should quit hospitalizing players online and promptly received hell for it from everyone. Almost everyone he attacked complained. Since he was the strongest, no one had a chance. He had a handful of players quit because they didn't think it was fair.

He sent me a long and polite email to me when he retired, and I think now is a good time to share it. It sort of pertains to things in this thread and the conflicts we have between players now.

Quote:Miss Z,

I love this game. You did a frag sweet job compared to the other drek games out there. You even made it look good. The other games are completely unfair compared to here. It's like you took all the drek I hated and fixed it. I like how you just let the players play and are not the one to beat. The fact there aren't 40 staff members in the game makes me feel that you have things under control and I won't have to worry about cheating.

But being number 1 stinks.

I guess this is how being a celebrity feels. I sneeze and someone here will complain I didn't cover my nose. I hit someone 2 levels lower than me and it's not fair. Everyone is levels lower than me, even my gangmate Chris.

I hit Ca$anova to tell him to lay off hospitalizing online players and now I'm the bad guy. So much for using my powers for good. We had 4 people online, and he sent 2 to the hospital. Ca$anova must be donating a drekload to reach me and I bet he quits because the community forces him out due to his aggressive attacks on anything that moves. I definitely don't see him lasting long.

I think players will stop complaining when we see pigs with wings, or unless you make combat a coin flip. But if you do that, others will complain about that as well.

I guarantee those who are at the top will have the same problem as me. Everything they do will be under a microscope. All the good things done in the past will be forgotten by players for one thing they do that's not generous. They will put a lot of their valuable personal time in, and anyone they hit will become instantly miffed off. I'm not a mean person, and I don't take things to a personal level here. I understand the players close to the top are trying to replace me as the resident studmuffin. Once they do they will get to taste the sweet taste of bitterness though, since they will now have my current problems.

I'm no notradamus, but that's how I see things. It's no fun being number 1. It's no fun being in the number 1 gang either. In fact, it's just not fun anymore. I don't have the personality to handle the celeb status. It would be cool to have some sort of retirement area where players who don't play anymore can be still listed in your rankings but unable to do anything. This is where I want to be.

You will always have complainers. You will always have players who "threaten" to quit trying to make you feel sorry for them. Don't give in. Your game is the fairest in all the land. They will leave and find some other game like this one, but they will regret not staying here.

Hopefully the top players don't join into one gang, since this will just make things worse. Been there done that. It's not fun.

In the end it's your game. I had fun, and the cash I donated to you I feel was money well spent. I am sure you have some awesome ideas to make things more fair than other games like TC and CC. My only suggestion is making hospital times less as it takes away from players enjoying the game. The community here as a whole is great, but I am just sick of the bickering. I'm sending you $100 bucks as my gift for creating a sweet game. But I won't be playing anymore. Use it to take a break from being an admin and take your man to a nice restaurant.

Thanks for a cool site,

Retiredzebub

http://www.awakenedlands.com/forums/view...retirement

NOW that you've gotten a READ full, was the retirement district set up at the request of Beelzebub? You've talked to him recently and the originator of the "retirement district" no longer cares if he is removed from there, just remove the district.
IMO reading the letter Beelzebub sent you, I don't think his idea for that district is what people are attempting to use it for now.

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2008.Sep.29, 02:58 PM

zenith Wrote:
volcomjurk7 Wrote:can players who are retired come back from retirement and play again???

thats what i want to know so lets say this, when icingdeath comes back (if he dos) can he come back and get back on and still play like normal zen?

While in the retirement district you can mail, view who's online and that's pretty much it. You cannot progress or even earn bank interest. When a player comes back they can start playing again if they chose to leave the retirement district. They cannot go back in.

http://www.awakenedlands.com/forums/view...retirement

that's what I found

2008.Sep.29, 03:04 PM

l00kie, l00kie I see a w00kie!!!
2008.Oct.21, 06:14 PM

*bump*

Ummmmmmm, W00k's still in retirement? :shock: :roll: