Poll: How many times should someone be attackable in a 24-hour period?
Unlimited
3 or less
10 or more
[Show Results]

Official Poll : Attack Limits on Individuals
2006.Oct.25, 11:49 AM

Druchii Wrote:on the same day?

Yes.
2006.Oct.25, 03:57 PM

although i get really annoyed with people constantly attacking me i still think it should be unlimited...it is part of the game afterall
if it gets on your nerves that much just talk to them about it, if they keep attacking you hire a hitman, if that doesnt work traintraintrain!!!!
2006.Oct.25, 05:08 PM

Druchii Wrote:[/edit] No, i can get bounced from hospital and back again pretty much 13-16 times a day without getting over 20% in defence modifier, as long as people wait first the 30mins it takes for me to get out of hospital, and then another 20min for me heal up and then 10mins for defence modifier to dissipate.

and if defence modifier would get tweaked to count higher, people would abuse it in gang war. If someone decided to attack Pimpstars2 i could simply mug them over and over and over. building up their defences and make them invincible. thats the risk with adding such a bonus.

Reread my proposal. It states that the defense bonus is only from player A to player B. If player A attacked B many times, and got his defense bonus up, then C attacked B, B would have no defense bonus against C, since that was an unexpected attack. This all goes along with the realism aspect. If I know druchii doesn't like me, i'm going to take steps to prevent druchii from getting me, and I'll be prepared whenever he comes around. Those defenses will all be based on the assumption that it's going to be druchii attacking me, not Livershot who simply walks up and shoots me in the face.
2006.Oct.25, 05:22 PM

problem then lupar it doesnt help against organised gangs. we can bounce people back and forth from hospital in system to help avoiding the defence bonus.

could have a system like this, imagine gang Alfabet had a war against Numbers

A attacks 1
B attacks 2
C attacks 3
D attacks 4

all goes into hospital. to avoid a defence bonus, they swap targets

A attacks 2
B attacks 3
C attacks 4
D attacks 1

i think i got it right this time atleast...
2006.Oct.25, 05:27 PM

I think it should be unlimited. If we start putting restrictions on everything in the game then we eliminate the human aspect. The fact that someone can attack another person repeatedly and get that person pissed off to the point that they pay someone to hospitalize the person adds a dimension to the game that needs to be there. What next, are we going to say you can only knock a gang down a certain amount of respect in a war? You can only commit a certain number of crimes a day? This game is driven by the players, good or bad, and that needs to remain.
2006.Oct.25, 06:02 PM

Druchii Wrote:problem then lupar it doesnt help against organised gangs. we can bounce people back and forth from hospital in system to help avoiding the defence bonus.

Aye, but that's not the concern. The defense thing is just to prevent one individual from constantly pounding on another. This shouldn't be a blanket under which people should hide anytime they get attacked. During gang wars I actually recommend the defense bonuses be disabled.
2006.Oct.25, 06:17 PM

Chris Mangano Wrote:I think it should be unlimited. If we start putting restrictions on everything in the game then we eliminate the human aspect. The fact that someone can attack another person repeatedly and get that person pissed off to the point that they pay someone to hospitalize the person adds a dimension to the game that needs to be there. What next, are we going to say you can only knock a gang down a certain amount of respect in a war? You can only commit a certain number of crimes a day? This game is driven by the players, good or bad, and that needs to remain.

Well you've also got to remember the 3rd law of the internet. People online are 95% more likely to be a complete asshole because of the fact that they can be without the worries of a realworld response. So instead of those real world tendancies to just bite your tongue or to behave due to the consequences, if there are no consequences in game, then people will behave in a less than social way. These restrictions we keep discussing are a way of imposing consequences to make the game realistic. Consequences such as a bunch of low level characters banding together to take down a highlevel bully who treats people like crap simply because he can. As it is the player base of this game will cease to be as the crap floats to the top and makes being a low level player harder and harder.

You elders don't know what the game is like at lower levels. You guys started when the game started, and since then have always been capable of beating down any opposition, or having the potential to do so. If you all lost your characters today and had to level up from level 1, you'd have a vastly different game play experience as you got beat up and picked on by every asshat with a higher level than you who took pleasure in putting down those below you. I'm not saying that's how you guys are, I like the elders, but you guys have to understand that being a level 10 now is NOTHING like what it was when you were level tens, and the highest level person might have been 1 or 2 levels higher than you.

If current trends continue and balances arent made to allow the lower levels to deal with high level bullies, then Zenith and Err will end up with a game containing only the elders and a hand full of players new to the game who soon quit due to the complete lack of balance/fun in being the target of some invincible bullies.
2006.Oct.25, 06:19 PM

drek? WTH? can't even say the four letter word for poop starting with a Cr?
2006.Oct.25, 07:13 PM

OT for a second.

How about we put a limit on post length Koor? Im tired of reading....

lol
2006.Oct.25, 07:45 PM

*translates for Sam I Am*

Elder no know *EXPLOSION* what hard *GRATUITOUS FEMALE NUDITY* today low *FREE MONEY* level life be.

Did you make it through that post, Toby?