High level Courses and Jobs
2006.Oct.23, 01:11 AM

well you could buy AP rounds that would cost alot more than normal rounds and would ignore armor... they'd cost like 500 per round though, so would only useful if you needed that extra edge.
2006.Oct.23, 05:04 AM

I agree that this game is supposed to be realistic. but guess what. in real life, most top positions like a partner in a law firm, a chief of staff in a hostpital or a decent exec job at a company require at least 15-20 YEARS of work experience. now i dunno about you but I'd say awakenedlands should be somewhat condensed as I'm pretty sure I wont be playing 20 years from now.
2006.Oct.23, 06:27 AM

I agree on the realism to a point, but like Matt said, I think it makes sense to condense it... because this is a game, not real life, and whilst I'm happy to have goals that may take a year or more to achieve, if it becomes more than that, it's absurd. There's a compromise to be found there in my opinion, as Scip said- $5.5mil a year isn't so much when you look at how much the big houses cost. In reality, very very few people are going to be buying houses in the $10mil range- the only people that do, are likely to be earning in excess of $5.5mil a year, correct?
2006.Oct.23, 06:33 AM

matt5250 Wrote:I agree that this game is supposed to be realistic. but guess what. in real life, most top positions like a partner in a law firm, a chief of staff in a hostpital or a decent exec job at a company require at least 15-20 YEARS of work experience. now i dunno about you but I'd say awakenedlands should be somewhat condensed as I'm pretty sure I wont be playing 20 years from now.
exacly and for example i gain 4 ap per 5 minuts and that is enough to Targeted Mugging so in one houer im able to mugg 12 people if i played a lot i could mug 100 people per day. Im not criminal in reall life but i think hard working criminal could mugg just several people in one day not hundreds .
So 1 awakened day have to be similar to at least 1 week in reall life
and sallary like 1000$ per week isnt unresonable for beter jobs in country like USA
2006.Oct.23, 06:58 AM

zenith Wrote:
LuparKoor Wrote:We aren't actually meant to live in those high end houses, those are meant for people who drop a crapload of real world cash into the game.

They aren't exclusively for donators. Patience. Future levels will prove your current theory is incorrect.

The highest accessible house by any current player is the Midlan Villa, not the Palace. In fact, there is no palace. The Midlan Villa is priced at the upper end of access to the Midlan District. No one has this house yet. There are several other houses above this, but no one has access to them yet.

It doesn't matter how much someone donates, if they can't access the area a house is in, then they can't buy it. This puts more emphasis on time played than before. It's not perfect, but it is better than it was.

By the time someone is well established in the Midlan District (say 2/3rds the way to the next district), they probably will find it easy to purchase it WITHOUT donating.

yes thats right.
donation makes u play a bit more easily,not better.
2006.Oct.23, 07:04 AM

i think we should just hold our horses and wait a bit and see how things turn out, before game gets changed so that it goes too fast.

there is a middleroad in all of this. a level twenty workin in a job for 200$ a day isnt that good to be frank. but handing out 15000 a day in free cash would just enlargen the already good gap elders got on the rest of the community. and besides when you get to the point where the elders are, cash isnt the object.

skills like intelligence, endurance, reputation etc is. and, thats where i personally would like to see the increase from jobs. intelligence and endurance, not too much, just tweak it up. and maybe have a quitting time on jobs. You will have to get a resignation paper, and work out resignation time.

and i think Zenith is adding more skills that will make character building more diverse. its been said so on multiple occasions...
2006.Oct.23, 07:07 AM

This game aint broke so why try and fix it?, Zen is constantly developing things and making this a better game. I, for one, dont want this to turn into a game that is out of control with a stupid economy. There are too many games already that have silly money and silly rewards for crimes etc. I say leave this game the way it is and let Zen bring new things to us.
2006.Oct.23, 07:16 AM

i think everything is gonna work out just fine.

i personally like the small tweakin done every day that we just notice by incidents.
2006.Oct.23, 07:21 AM

this whole thread started on an idea that would be affecting maybe a couple players in the game at the moment. so i dunno why there were so many negative thoughts about "changing the game" this was a proposal for something that would be added for future levels. basically it was about how the gains from jobs are way too low, even for the realistic point of view taken in this game. and how they should be changed and greater opportunities added for later on.
2006.Oct.23, 07:28 AM

I am not saying that developments should not be made but that jobs that pay $15k per day will destroy the game.