Career Promotion
2009.Jan.06, 02:30 AM
Career Promotion
Is it worth it for a non-donator to get promotions?

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2009.Jan.06, 02:42 AM

promotions help a LOT. Since when you get to an higher rating in your career, Career Points also increase giving you more points to use for development points.
2009.Jan.06, 02:47 AM

my only thing is development virtually comes to a stop because gym trains for a non donator are pretty bad as compared to a donator

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2009.Jan.06, 02:55 AM

well you would get more points for a promotion,,later on those could be great gains compared to the okay gains you get now
2009.Jan.06, 02:56 AM

Duchbag69 Wrote:my only thing is development virtually comes to a stop because gym trains for a non donator are pretty bad as compared to a donator

then buy the donator status with the money you make from crimes. i am a non donator and that's what i do.
Leveling up will also help a bit with more AP and energy to use. focus on getting a better house first instead of weapons and armor.

Also, upgrading your career helps

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio
2009.Jan.06, 03:05 AM

A career promotion is good for anyone. More points means more helpful things, and more promotions also brings these helpful things. A non-donator could do wonders with this, along with skills.
2009.Jan.06, 07:42 AM

someone did the math a while back (I think it was on Yoda's old AL page). If I remember it right, the basic Idea was as follows:

If you compare a person that does not promote, vs someone who promotes to say, level 4 over a certain period of time, the person who promotes is behind for a while but once they reach their chosen level, the extra career points you get allow you to quickly pass up the person who doesn't promote.

It is just a matter of long term planning. Spending the points right away is great for short term gains, but if you are planning on being around for more than a couple months, getting at least a couple of promotions will make you stronger in the end.
2009.Jan.06, 08:09 AM

infinite93 Wrote:someone did the math a while back (I think it was on Yoda's old AL page). If I remember it right, the basic Idea was as follows:

If you compare a person that does not promote, vs someone who promotes to say, level 4 over a certain period of time, the person who promotes is behind for a while but once they reach their chosen level, the extra career points you get allow you to quickly pass up the person who doesn't promote.

It is just a matter of long term planning. Spending the points right away is great for short term gains, but if you are planning on being around for more than a couple months, getting at least a couple of promotions will make you stronger in the end.

It was Poptart who did the math. That's going on the wiki hopefully... Smile

Anyway here's an example. Person 1 and Person 2 work in Construction.
Person 1 takes their Career rating to 4. While person 2 keeps using their points for stats. It takes a total of 3,000 points to go to rank four from rank one in Construction(Just a educated guess). Now Person 1 gains a average of 32 more points a day then person 2.

3,000/32 = 94 days.

In roughly 3 mouths person 1 will be level with person 2. And in another 3 mouths person 1 will have 3,000 more points then person 2. Also Person 1 will be able to use Peacetime Hideout Repair, and Wartime Hideout Repair. Making them more important to a gang then person 2.

But their is one that they fear. In their tongue it is nova-king, DRAGONBORN!
2009.Jan.06, 08:31 AM

Mock8800 Wrote:It was Poptart who did the math. That's going on the wiki hopefully... Smile

Anyway here's an example. Person 1 and Person 2 work in Construction.
Person 1 takes their Career rating to 4. While person 2 keeps using their points for stats. It takes a total of 3,000 points to go to rank four from rank one in Construction(Just a educated guess). Now Person 1 gains a average of 32 more points a day then person 2.

3,000/32 = 94 days.

In roughly 3 mouths person 1 will be level with person 2. And in another 3 mouths person 1 will have 3,000 more points then person 2. Also Person 1 will be able to use Peacetime Hideout Repair, and Wartime Hideout Repair. Making them more important to a gang then person 2.

Erm, I wouldnt say that it makes the person more important to the gang. A gang functions as a group, there is no I in team, so I have a slight problem with the way you phrased that. Just because person 2 can use the wartime hideout repair, doesnt mean that they are more important to the gang.
2009.Jan.06, 05:37 PM

hmm well maybe i will try a promotion, i have been savin money and buyin credits and im also saving for a house...lol...im waiting for housing to be mint so i have good trains before i try becoming a donator...i just want the whole world at the same time lol....

but thanks everyone for the help, i new most about what was said, but i always like getting a lot of opinions