AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Career Promotion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is it worth it for a non-donator to get promotions?

gdingks

promotions help a LOT. Since when you get to an higher rating in your career, Career Points also increase giving you more points to use for development points.
my only thing is development virtually comes to a stop because gym trains for a non donator are pretty bad as compared to a donator

redz28

well you would get more points for a promotion,,later on those could be great gains compared to the okay gains you get now
Duchbag69 Wrote:my only thing is development virtually comes to a stop because gym trains for a non donator are pretty bad as compared to a donator

then buy the donator status with the money you make from crimes. i am a non donator and that's what i do.
Leveling up will also help a bit with more AP and energy to use. focus on getting a better house first instead of weapons and armor.

Also, upgrading your career helps
A career promotion is good for anyone. More points means more helpful things, and more promotions also brings these helpful things. A non-donator could do wonders with this, along with skills.
someone did the math a while back (I think it was on Yoda's old AL page). If I remember it right, the basic Idea was as follows:

If you compare a person that does not promote, vs someone who promotes to say, level 4 over a certain period of time, the person who promotes is behind for a while but once they reach their chosen level, the extra career points you get allow you to quickly pass up the person who doesn't promote.

It is just a matter of long term planning. Spending the points right away is great for short term gains, but if you are planning on being around for more than a couple months, getting at least a couple of promotions will make you stronger in the end.
infinite93 Wrote:someone did the math a while back (I think it was on Yoda's old AL page). If I remember it right, the basic Idea was as follows:

If you compare a person that does not promote, vs someone who promotes to say, level 4 over a certain period of time, the person who promotes is behind for a while but once they reach their chosen level, the extra career points you get allow you to quickly pass up the person who doesn't promote.

It is just a matter of long term planning. Spending the points right away is great for short term gains, but if you are planning on being around for more than a couple months, getting at least a couple of promotions will make you stronger in the end.

It was Poptart who did the math. That's going on the wiki hopefully... Smile

Anyway here's an example. Person 1 and Person 2 work in Construction.
Person 1 takes their Career rating to 4. While person 2 keeps using their points for stats. It takes a total of 3,000 points to go to rank four from rank one in Construction(Just a educated guess). Now Person 1 gains a average of 32 more points a day then person 2.

3,000/32 = 94 days.

In roughly 3 mouths person 1 will be level with person 2. And in another 3 mouths person 1 will have 3,000 more points then person 2. Also Person 1 will be able to use Peacetime Hideout Repair, and Wartime Hideout Repair. Making them more important to a gang then person 2.

BadLuck

Mock8800 Wrote:It was Poptart who did the math. That's going on the wiki hopefully... Smile

Anyway here's an example. Person 1 and Person 2 work in Construction.
Person 1 takes their Career rating to 4. While person 2 keeps using their points for stats. It takes a total of 3,000 points to go to rank four from rank one in Construction(Just a educated guess). Now Person 1 gains a average of 32 more points a day then person 2.

3,000/32 = 94 days.

In roughly 3 mouths person 1 will be level with person 2. And in another 3 mouths person 1 will have 3,000 more points then person 2. Also Person 1 will be able to use Peacetime Hideout Repair, and Wartime Hideout Repair. Making them more important to a gang then person 2.

Erm, I wouldnt say that it makes the person more important to the gang. A gang functions as a group, there is no I in team, so I have a slight problem with the way you phrased that. Just because person 2 can use the wartime hideout repair, doesnt mean that they are more important to the gang.
hmm well maybe i will try a promotion, i have been savin money and buyin credits and im also saving for a house...lol...im waiting for housing to be mint so i have good trains before i try becoming a donator...i just want the whole world at the same time lol....

but thanks everyone for the help, i new most about what was said, but i always like getting a lot of opinions
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's