testing for skills is fkced!
2008.Nov.15, 11:47 AM

andyscho Wrote:it means you have a 90% chance of passing. a 10% chance of failing. You just fell into the 10%

Twice though... that's a 1 in a 100 chance to do that.
2008.Nov.15, 12:33 PM

Conrad1103 Wrote:im saying its stupid.

how do you FAIL (an F), a test TWICE, when you have an A in the class - twice?

its not realistic at all. an A is 90%. i should pass 90% of the time i test with an A.

where dd i say it was not fair, btw? im surprised you guys ever had an A in your llife, with your reading comprehension skills. wait, you probably never did, therfore dont understand the frustration.

As I said b4 I already went through that, and yes, I agree with u it's frustrating. But afaik this isn't a therapy session and that's why I haven't come here to complain about it. Or, if u prefer it, I'd come here to ask why such things happens.

In my personal experience the odds to fail having an A r higher than 10%, but it's Zen who knows the formula and I doubt she gaves it away.
2008.Nov.15, 12:40 PM

I seem to have almost no problem passing my tests with a B- or B, of course, I fail here and there but no more than those trying with A's.

If you go statistically, you have better chances to pass if you try 5 times with a C than once or twice with an A. Might not be true if you're trying for level 6 as it gets very long to gain 5% but stats are stats, they do not lie.
2008.Nov.15, 01:36 PM

Time to change the rule about skills to 100% or nothing.
2008.Nov.15, 01:54 PM

andyscho Wrote:it means you have a 90% chance of passing. a 10% chance of failing. You just fell into the 10%

Abacus Andy strikes again!

I'll make you a star in the back seat of my car.
2008.Nov.15, 02:47 PM

If it makes you feel any better connie I passed first time just now with a B- Biggrin

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2008.Nov.15, 04:54 PM

biffbaffboff Wrote:Should have waited till you had an A+ = never fails Biggrin

I'm with biff... You dont wanna fail go with the A+ :roll:

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2008.Nov.15, 05:02 PM

"If you go statistically, you have better chances to pass if you try 5 times with a C than once or twice with an A. Might not be true if you're trying for level 6 as it gets very long to gain 5% but stats are stats, they do not lie."

good point Thor. and that just adds to why its fcked up.

and the 100% idea/thing is even more stupid.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2008.Nov.15, 05:06 PM

I've never failed with an A or A+
i wouldn't even chance it with a C
2008.Nov.15, 06:55 PM

mortaja Wrote:
Conrad1103 Wrote:im saying its stupid.

how do you FAIL (an F), a test TWICE, when you have an A in the class - twice?

its not realistic at all. an A is 90%. i should pass 90% of the time i test with an A.

where dd i say it was not fair, btw? im surprised you guys ever had an A in your llife, with your reading comprehension skills. wait, you probably never did, therfore dont understand the frustration.

As I said b4 I already went through that, and yes, I agree with u it's frustrating. But afaik this isn't a therapy session and that's why I haven't come here to complain about it. Or, if u prefer it, I'd come here to ask why such things happens.

In my personal experience the odds to fail having an A r higher than 10%, but it's Zen who knows the formula and I doubt she gaves it away.

I agree.. experienced players know how random things can be in AL... and pis.sing like it's some huge deal is dumb... I have failed 2 tests 6 times and also never came to the forums to start a hardcore whine session... if you have an issue bring it up.. but having a cow about it as an experienced player... get real