Should you be able to upgrade unique items
2008.Nov.13, 08:34 AM

When it came out of the shop from the upgrade it would have to have the stat requirements of the weapon it is going to emulate power wise.

It should cost the same to upgrade as the weapon it is going to emulate

In essence zen would be selling you the weapon your upgrading too, and just renaming it the same as the weapon your upgrading with a slightly tweaked name...

this would be acceptable IMO... otherwise no!

The idea of creating more work for Zenny is the one thing that weighs this idea down... why not let her focus on more important in game issue to improve the game overall, instead of the improvement for the few.
2008.Nov.13, 08:50 AM

I think that folks who win uniques should use it while it's viable then spin it into the AL world when it's no longer functional for them.

Relics are a great way to add flavor to a game.
2008.Nov.13, 09:00 AM

randomjacker Wrote:When it came out of the shop from the upgrade it would have to have the stat requirements of the weapon it is going to emulate power wise.

It should cost the same to upgrade as the weapon it is going to emulate

In essence zen would be selling you the weapon your upgrading too, and just renaming it the same as the weapon your upgrading with a slightly tweaked name...

this would be acceptable IMO... otherwise no!

The idea of creating more work for Zenny is the one thing that weighs this idea down... why not let her focus on more important in game issue to improve the game overall, instead of the improvement for the few.

i agree and could live with that, so if it was going to reflect the lvl 60 items it would cost $ 1,250, 000 for the longblade, it is a cost i would be very happy to spend
2008.Nov.13, 10:13 AM

The obvious benefit being no chance for markup due to the dist levels...

just more reason to put your all into getting a unique item during contests
2008.Nov.13, 10:38 AM

I like the idea.

While a player owns the unique weapon, you will be able to upgrade the stats to the newest weapon out there.

There are only 2 concerns.

1) There will be more and more unique items out as time passes. This will eventually take up a lot of her time. Unless it becomes an automated process, this might become an issue.

2) Player who own an unique item might abuse this system. Since the unique item has low to no stats requirement, this will simply increase the value of their current item. And, they will resell it afterward.

This can be avoided by changing the requirement to reflect the current stats of the upgrading player. For example: Shadowguard's sword will have his strength, dexterity, and endurance as the weapon requirement at the time of upgrade.

Amend
2008.Nov.13, 10:41 AM

ZeonOne Wrote:This can be avoided by changing the requirement to reflect the current stats of the upgrading player. For example: Shadowguard's sword will have his strength, dexterity, and endurance as the weapon requirement at the time of upgrade.

Very interesting spin on this.
2008.Nov.13, 10:48 AM

All the more reason to add a modify shop
a cozy little spot were players can go and upgrade items
including stims+nimbus=stimbus

So not only will players be allowed the luxury to upgrade
unique items, but any and every item in the game
if they so chose to spend the money upgrading it
2008.Nov.13, 11:38 AM

The district/level question could be addressed by adding a gunsmith/weaponsmith to the upper level areas and they would only be able to upgrade to the level of the district they are in. i.e. the Santa coat could only be upgraded to B4C at the arcology armorer/weaponsmith location. or to tib2 at the level 60 area
2008.Nov.13, 11:51 AM

lrrltt Wrote:
ZeonOne Wrote:This can be avoided by changing the requirement to reflect the current stats of the upgrading player. For example: Shadowguard's sword will have his strength, dexterity, and endurance as the weapon requirement at the time of upgrade.

Very interesting spin on this.

Yes, this was already mentioned in this thread... I do get a bit word so maybe it was missed... We already covered the time it takes for Zen to code as well...

edit: sorry quoted the wrong thing!! Where is my delete?
2008.Nov.13, 12:20 PM

infinite93 Wrote:The district/level question could be addressed by adding a gunsmith/weaponsmith to the upper level areas and they would only be able to upgrade to the level of the district they are in. i.e. the Santa coat could only be upgraded to B4C at the arcology armorer/weaponsmith location. or to tib2 at the level 60 area

Yes, this is definitely needed to avoid using low level player to upgrade the weapon for them

Amend