AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Should you be able to upgrade unique items
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It is my belief that unique items given out as prizes are often intended to be kept by the winner, often they are tailored to suit the winner. ie. shadowguard's sword.

However as the game progresses and you become stronger your weapon item doesnt grow with you and you either have to sell it or store it. Im sure given the chance Shadowguard would pay a sum of money to upgrade his weapon in line with the top longblade weapon available on the market.

Personally If I ever won a unique weapon tailored to Moriarty id be loathed to give it up when it became obselete.
The idea in itself make sense.

The work and problems coming with it seem endless.

But that may be just cause I think too much.

buuddha

well then dont sell it.

i think that unique weapons/armor are great "timelines" for AL weapons/armor.
Timelines or relics?

Snyiper

That is indeed a good idea but on the other hand the weapon is/was designed for you at the time of the win. You cannot upgrade any other weapon as you progress you have to sell it and buy the next item. I think the special weapon gives you a edge at the time of winning over available weapons but I may be wrong, not to fair to have that edge for the rest of your AL life.
Its going to be have to be alot of money a hell of alot, the cost of the next weapon plus then you have to look at the fact its still no reqs never mind the battle stats the cost in Endurance has the be reflected as will.

Then as a bad side the weapon then becomes keyed to you and you only. I.e no one else can use it, you can only put it in your Storage or sell it for the $1 or whatever its worth it cant be traded between players ever.

LordSkie

yea... I think the lack of reqs makes it just a little too good. If you upgrade it, I think it should then gain the reqs of the new weapon, so it's your call. Otherwise you could win one contest and essentially never have to buy a new weapon again, or train to use one. Maybe make the cost of upgrading equal to that of the new weapon, and the stat reqs remain the same. That way you keep your weapon name, and in every other way it's functionally identical to the best weapon at the time.
It just seems a shame that if you were able to win a weapon that essentially enhances your character and makes it seem more personal, that eventually you would have to stop using an item as you out grew it

shadowinc

i for one would love to be able to upgrade my sword ,when i look at it there i only wonder why can i not make it stronger , but its something that means alot to me so i hang it on my wall and look at it for now
you do realise that it isnt a real sword dont you?
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's