Should you be able to upgrade unique items
2008.Nov.13, 03:15 PM

ZeonOne Wrote:
infinite93 Wrote:The district/level question could be addressed by adding a gunsmith/weaponsmith to the upper level areas and they would only be able to upgrade to the level of the district they are in. i.e. the Santa coat could only be upgraded to B4C at the arcology armorer/weaponsmith location. or to tib2 at the level 60 area

Yes, this is definitely needed to avoid using low level player to upgrade the weapon for them

totally disagree with both of you, if it was to happen it should be done like rj said by the cost of the weapon and add stats, my sword has no requirements, i would love to add requirements to my sword,but having to would only make it or any other weapon or amour just the same as it was mimicking, lower or no stats is what make these items unique
2008.Nov.13, 03:56 PM

leave as is imo...the weapons were meant as a reward...not to be bought...so technically they are free...just buy the better ones and keep the specials for newbs or those that cant afford big requirements like end

doh
2008.Nov.13, 04:05 PM

Punisher Wrote:leave as is imo...the weapons were meant as a reward...not to be bought...so technically they are free...just buy the better ones and keep the specials for newbs or those that cant afford big requirements like end

Absolutely agree, some of mine are used to help my gang members.
2008.Nov.13, 04:09 PM

shadowinc Wrote:totally disagree with both of you, if it was to happen it should be done like rj said by the cost of the weapon and add stats, my sword has no requirements, i would love to add requirements to my sword,but having to would only make it or any other weapon or amour just the same as it was mimicking, lower or no stats is what make these items unique

Sorry, I wasn't implying that going to the weaponsmith would flat out turn it into the new weapon. My thoughts were more like this.

You get to level 60, you go to the weaponsmith and for a very significant fee the damage capability of your sword is upgraded to that of the Ionized Nodachi. It would still be your sword with the name and no stat requirements, just now it would do damage like a unique created after the Ionized Nodachi was released.

The fee would have to be VERY steep though...something like 2x the cost of the level 60 item or possibly even more.

We could leave well enough alone of course, but in this way very personalized items like your sword and the poptart gun would grow with the character.
2008.Nov.13, 04:47 PM

I don't agree on the idea of upgrading the unique weapon. I believe this idea will make the contest dull to some players.

But, If this upgrading weapon is going to happen, I was suggesting that we should add stats in the weapon to avoid player abuse of this system. That's the only way I see to make it more controllable.

I can't imagine more low level players be able to use a level 60 weapons. That will make this game very corrupted.

If players want to keep the unique weapon as low to no stats and be able to upgrade that specific unique weapon, then, I am 100% against weapon upgrade.

I say.. Just leave it as is.

Amend
2008.Nov.13, 04:52 PM

was not yoda's Lightsaber a weapon that performed better based on stats? If so I dont see why other reward items cant be done this way.
2008.Nov.13, 04:55 PM

Every weapon has a base stats + # of time you use + your stats + skill to calculate the total damage.

The new weapon has better base stats. This will result in higher damage than the light sabre.

Amend
2008.Nov.13, 04:58 PM

Melee and ranged weapons do not work the same way.

Ranged hit higher at first but limits are lower, melee have virtually no limit in the damage that it can do as you raise your stats although I'm not sure the xmas axe could do a 1000 damage hit, even with 100 level in strength.
2008.Nov.13, 05:11 PM

ZeonOne Wrote:Every weapon has a base stats + # of time you use + your stats + skill to calculate the total damage.

The new weapon has better base stats. This will result in higher damage than the light sabre.

i understand that but I thought Yodas weapon's stat lines changed based on his level thus ensuring he wouldnt ever need a new weapon...i could be wrong but I thought I read that somehwere.
2008.Nov.13, 05:18 PM

I never heard that, but he received that thing way before I came around. That would awesome if it were true, but for some reason I think the creators of this game would rather us be cycling through new and better weapons...