Lets do it right.Gang upgrades well overdue.
2008.Aug.06, 09:23 AM

Seems it would make sense for borgs to hit better in both PVP and hideout attacks. A human isnt engineered for combat...he is trained. A borg is engineered for the sole purpose of war, hence making him a more effective worrior. If anything a borgs crime success rate, jail bust rate and exp should suffer. Evil
2008.Aug.06, 09:27 AM

Dingus Wrote:Seems it would make sense for borgs to hit better in both PVP and hideout attacks. A human isnt engineered for combat...he is trained. A borg is engineered for the sole purpose of war, hence making him a more effective worrior. If anything a borgs crime success rate, jail bust rate and exp should suffer. Evil

Good idea
2008.Aug.06, 09:29 AM

Biff Wrote:

"You could argue its hardly fair that a player can buy his stats instead of training them with countless hours of gym work.For those of us with the mental strength and willingness to let our competitors run away with borg stats and beat us to a pulp we humans are in it for the long haul.We know that in 1 years time those borg implants you paid for will be nothing compared to the stat gains we have ground out with the benefit of a better happiness refresh rate.Borgs took the fast track,humans took the slow route... Hardly fair is it?

You had the early gains and now you regret it.You cant have both.You took your benefits and used them to excell in pvp.Now they are addons that you dont want,you want your humanity back.Tough luck. "

So people who use credit refreshes to train should also suffer humanity loss. They are in fact buying their stats too! Correct me if i'm wrong!
2008.Aug.06, 09:30 AM

Dingus Wrote:Seems it would make sense for borgs to hit better in both PVP and hideout attacks. A human isnt engineered for combat...he is trained. A borg is engineered for the sole purpose of war, hence making him a more effective worrior. If anything a borgs crime success rate, jail bust rate and exp should suffer. Evil

That doesn't really make sense. Cyberware are simply tools for the person recieving them, they have no bearing on that persons actions, only on how well he can execute those actions based on the implant type he has.

Not to mention, wearers of cyberware already have more than enough negatives for their choice to bear the gear. They don't need any more.
2008.Aug.06, 09:32 AM

nice Geek so when u joining cosa lol
2008.Aug.06, 09:34 AM

I work better alone. Ask anyone whose gang I've been in. =p
2008.Aug.06, 10:10 AM

TheGeek got to it before me, but..Yeah. Borgs aren't programmed, they're set. They're improvements to the human being, and have nothing to do with their mind-set or attitude. It's a flashy display that pushes human reality beyond its limits and allows someone to do more than what they could without.

They are not robots. They are sub-human.
2008.Aug.06, 10:41 AM

Exactly...they are engineered to be better than human!
2008.Aug.06, 11:13 AM

beh who u calling sub-human hehe
2008.Aug.06, 01:18 PM

I think that the ideas for theese new gang upgrades are fine but the cost in gp's are high by any standard. Those kind of gp's do not grow on trees and i'm sure SV and diss. and us in Val would all agree that it takes a serious amount of ap and wars to get where we have gotten. Super villains got to 100,000 gang points b4 all of the others and they did nor get there overnight. And yes if we had to pay that much in gang points it would cause great suffering to many weaker gangs and it's already hard theese days for new gangs to come up in the game. I just ask that everyone consider all aspects of this. THANKS