Enter, let's talk about Exp for a moment >>>>
2008.Aug.01, 05:32 PM

I have always found that borgs give me more exp.
2008.Aug.01, 05:44 PM

Shhhhhh!!!!!
2008.Aug.01, 07:45 PM

I think the downfall of combat was the implementation of cyber implants. IMO without any knowledge of how power levels are calculated believe cybers boost power level TOO Much, with out any noticeable difference in combat.

I have had fights with high level people where it makes no sense to me how they out-resisted me, and beat me. I have 46 res +10 res cybers.

I realize cybers came with a cost but I do feel we were not totally informed of all of the downsides.

Cybers need to be more powerful with less impact to match the power level it controls now.

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2008.Aug.01, 08:36 PM

true dat...its based on performance in battle imo....buts thats all i can see

makes no sense on how its calculated...say it wookie Wink

doh
2008.Aug.01, 09:18 PM

shadowinc Wrote:i have found that i can get 400 exp off somebody then hit them again get a lil over 300 exp from the same person, wait a lil while hit them again and get 400 again,i would like to know to how exp is determined
I've noticed this but always assumed this was b/c it may have been easier to beat them b/c the "off" attack (one with lower experience) may have not been at quite 100% health. B/c "healthy" is somewhere between 75% and 100% health, right?
2008.Aug.01, 09:26 PM

nobody knows what effects its
maybe gcr health lvl stats all put togther

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
2008.Aug.02, 12:31 AM

It should be based on proficiency in battle. The harder/longer the battle, the more exp you earn. This screws the highest level people because eventually you run out of targets that you don't just wipe the floor with. On the other hand, the current system isn't anywhere near balanced because weapons and armor aren't considered in the formula. You can get less exp from someone who nearly kills you than someone you kill in less than 5 rounds.

Id like to see a system like this:

Exp earned =

( 5 * Your overall level + 5 * Rounds of Combat ) * Health % of Victim

LVL 35 attacking an easy opponent @ full health

( 5 * 35 + 5 * 10) * 1 = 175

LVL 35 attacking a difficult opponent

( 5 * 35 + 5 * 40 ) * 1 = 375

LVL 35 attacking a difficult opponent @ 75% health

( 5 * 35 + 5 * 40) * .75 = 282
2008.Aug.02, 10:12 AM

What I would like to see is coherence with target and xp.

In my opinion the really close fights where you win with just 5-10% hp left from full health should give you a boost in XP, since you probably will learn more from that fight, then from a fight where you just pummel the opponent.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2008.Aug.02, 10:40 AM

My only issue with a set exp. rate per target based on power level is that it will mark certain players as targets. The variance's shown now does not make anyone a "perfect Experience" target for another player, therefore making it more enticing to go after a number of players as opposed to just one monster exp cow.
2008.Aug.02, 10:48 AM

Marlo Wrote:My only issue with a set exp. rate per target based on power level is that it will mark certain players as targets. The variance's shown now does not make anyone a "perfect Experience" target for another player, therefore making it more enticing to go after a number of players as opposed to just one monster exp cow.

All depends on what calculates the XP.

If it is stats, damage ability (weapon,armor), damage/resistance increasing buffs, passive damage increasing skills (weapon skills), and so on the whole milky way.

If skills within a weapon type doesn't count towards the power level if you have another type of weapon equipped, then you could decrease your power level to fight and get better XP from lower powered people. You could unequip armor and belt to get better xp from those that you don't really stand a chance to lose against.

And there is a lot of various ways to increase/decrease XP.

But I wonder if non-combat stats is taken into the power level.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.