Enter, let's talk about Exp for a moment >>>>
2008.Aug.01, 05:09 PM
Enter, let's talk about Exp for a moment >>>>
Is it just me or does the Exp that you yield from people not seem to make any sense? There are people who do a decent amount of damage to me that I yield less Exp from than someone who doesn't even touch me, I'm perplexed.

Have you guys/gals noticed anything like this?

I'm very curious as to what factors are involved for potential Exp from a target.
2008.Aug.01, 05:10 PM

XP makes no sense at all... I've given up trying to understand it.
2008.Aug.01, 05:11 PM

I agree I see some wild variances on people I would think give alright XP.
2008.Aug.01, 05:15 PM

Loki Wrote:XP makes no sense at all... I've given up trying to understand it.

If it makes Loki happy i'd like zen to explain.
2008.Aug.01, 05:15 PM

I think this is the single most random part of the game.

Even from attacking the same person i sometimes get almost half of the experience points i got last time i attacked them, even though we were both healthy and i used same weapon both times.

Getting big crits and the length of the battle also does not seem to regulate the experience points either.
2008.Aug.01, 05:24 PM

Well there are some people that I have just recently begun to beat that gives me worse xp then I get from beating people that nearly aren't a part of the pantheons top50.

Which leads me to believe that there are somethings that aren't currently put enough weight to in the XP given calculations. Although I don't know what things are put into calculations I can do some roughly estimated guesses on what I think should be put more weight on.

Like the Gang Combat Rating, I believe that this gang upgrade is a big plus for those that work for it, cause it leads to those players being able to beat or stale against people that they otherwise wouldn't be able to beat. The downside on this should be that they yield more XP to those without GCR or with inferior GCR, making them a better target.

Career skills, such as damage, dexterity or resistance amplifiers should be taken into account when they are being used, and given the person attacked or attacking more XP when they defeat a person with these skills activated.

Gang back up and protection, these are probably not used that much, since it defeats the purpose of spending points to gain points. But nevertheless, they should increase the XP given when people defeat others with these abilities activated.

Belts, these are probably taken into consideration of XP given, but since the latest versions have been increasingly more effective. It would be nice to see higher payouts for not using the belt vs people using the belts, since there have been recorded resistances upto 1200.

I don't know how much weight is being put on skills either atm.

But some kind of balancing would be nice, and a better risk vs reward on attacks would be nice, so that it coincides better with the damage dealt and damage given in combat.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2008.Aug.01, 05:24 PM

biffbaffboff Wrote:If it makes Loki happy i'd like zen to explain.

touché, pussycat
2008.Aug.01, 05:26 PM

you taken a fancy to Biff A loki pussycats are cute u think Biffs cute you go boy only kidding.
2008.Aug.01, 05:28 PM

ShadowKid Wrote:you taken a fancy to Biff A loki pussycats are cute u think Biffs cute you go boy only kidding.

Nah me and Loki just have an "understanding" LOL
2008.Aug.01, 05:30 PM

i have found that i can get 400 exp off somebody then hit them again get a lil over 300 exp from the same person, wait a lil while hit them again and get 400 again,i would like to know to how exp is determined