Sniper skill
2008.Jul.30, 08:43 AM

I'm just stating that it would make people normally out of your league and put them on a playing field where you could beat them.

But their is one that they fear. In their tongue it is nova-king, DRAGONBORN!
2008.Jul.30, 08:45 AM

thatthingufear Wrote:I'm sure Loki's dexterity is at least 5 higher than rambo's making a hit hard to get even then, it would be a really low hit.

Im sure its alot higher.The trouble is with snipers A) you dont even here the shot before your wounded. B)Someone's dex would count for nothing in that situation.

It would be a wound no matter.The skill level would determine how good a shot you are.

Level 1) good aim with no real ability to pinpoint area's.Frequent misses.50% success rate.
Level 2) Better aim.Able to target upper or lower body.60% success rate.

So on and so forth.A sniper is just that a "sniper".There would be no defense against it.It would all come down to the snipers ability to hit the target.

AP's need more than what we have right now.I think the idea is feasable and workable.Im sure alot of players would appreciate the option to train it.
2008.Jul.30, 08:47 AM

I wasn't talking about the sniper I was saying you still probably wouldn't beat Loki after he was in serious.
2008.Jul.30, 08:52 AM

Mock8800 Wrote:I'm just stating that it would make people normally out of your league and put them on a playing field where you could beat them.

Your missing the point.As you walk around AL with your pockets full of cash and some bigger guy grabs your loot tough luck.Your on your own and have little to help.No buddies with you.Stats count for everything in that scenario.

In war its different.When engaged in war you are in your hideout with your buddies slugging it out for the betterment of the gang.This calls for different tactics and teamwork.Your stats dont matter as much when you attack the hideout.Loki has much higher stats than me but we equip the same weapon and most probably do the same amount of damage.

The point is gang warfare is a totally different concept from your average attack and gangs should have the right to defend their territory as a team with team skills , war skills.
2008.Jul.30, 08:53 AM

I like the Percentage thing but also shouldn't their be a small chance of hitting them in the head/heart thus one hit KO?

But their is one that they fear. In their tongue it is nova-king, DRAGONBORN!
2008.Jul.30, 08:56 AM

I'd like to see Zen's thoughts here.Ultimately it comes down to the chosen one to OK these idea's and implement them.
2008.Jul.30, 08:58 AM

Why shouldn't stats matter as much for pvp in a gang war?
2008.Jul.30, 08:59 AM

Mock8800 Wrote:I'm just stating that it would make people normally out of your league and put them on a playing field where you could beat them.

Isn't that somewhat of the point?

It wouldn't be someone "out of your league" either. Attack Rambo, you'll see. The most damage you'll inflict is 1 dmg. The person still has to be fairly close.

Like he said, it's gang warfare
2008.Jul.30, 09:16 AM

well for starters,a sniper uses a rifle.a rifle would be the only weapon with a accuracy at a distance.i am a axe user i could not be a sniper.only people with a rifle could use it.to be a good sniper you need to be skilled in the use of a rifle.so you would need atleast 3 skill ranks in rifle to be a sniper.most high levels are useing a pistol or a shotgun.niether of those weapons are accurate at a certain distance.even a shotgun firing slugs are inaccurate at 50 yards....so my proposal,,,has to be a rifle user with atleast a skill rank of 3 to be considerd a sniper,,,,now which rifle in the game is to be considerd the best SNIPER RIFLE???????????? an automatic or semi automatic combat rifle would not be a good sniper rifle...a high caliber rifle with a scope designed for hunting would make a great sniper rifle,compared to say an ak-47...
2008.Jul.30, 09:20 AM

You people have delusions of grandeur.
Thread Closed