Discouraged about gang wars
2008.Jun.11, 09:07 AM

The whole point of the gang war code is for people to work together to defend their enemies.

However in doing so you will have to face the consequences for double + teaming on a gang.
2008.Jun.11, 09:56 AM

konyen Wrote:What do you think about gangs limited to who they can attack. For example, If the average level in a gang is 15, then they can attack up but not too far down like 5 levels below. There can also be a factor for the number of members in the gang. The attacking member can have not twice the number of members as the other gangs. I know some of the larger gangs will disagree with this idea but this will allow now comers to form their new gang. Bad Idea?
Bad idea. SV would have two gangs to hit and we would only have seven. Of those seven, we'd be competing with DM and others to war against them.
2008.Jun.11, 10:19 AM

No need to change any level requirements. Just have it so the same condition that can be attacked can attack. Better yet, why not just totally remove that factor? If you are not in the E/R then you are open for attacking. What's to stop somebody from breaking into your home and attacking you when you just came home from having an accident at work. Only jail and the hospital would be safe.
2008.Jun.11, 02:53 PM

Quote:What do you think about gangs limited to who they can attack. For example, If the average level in a gang is 15, then they can attack up but not too far down like 5 levels below. There can also be a factor for the number of members in the gang. The attacking member can have not twice the number of members as the other gangs. I know some of the larger gangs will disagree with this idea but this will allow now comers to form their new gang. Bad Idea?

Sorry but I disagree I hate it when way stronger gang attack us but hey eventually i plan to be a part of a big gang and when thats happens I don't want to be limited to strong gang like mine. I do agree though that their needs to be some limit on what gangs can attack other gangs. For example when dissence attacks us we get beat bad. I was thinking that the damage done by gangs twice your average level their damage done is reduced by 25% so the bigger gangs still beat the way they do but weaker gangs have a greater chance of fighting back. Just an idea Zen lol
2008.Jun.11, 02:59 PM

Mock8800 Wrote:
Quote:What do you think about gangs limited to who they can attack. For example, If the average level in a gang is 15, then they can attack up but not too far down like 5 levels below. There can also be a factor for the number of members in the gang. The attacking member can have not twice the number of members as the other gangs. I know some of the larger gangs will disagree with this idea but this will allow now comers to form their new gang. Bad Idea?

Sorry but I disagree I hate it when way stronger gang attack us but hey eventually i plan to be a part of a big gang and when thats happens I don't want to be limited to strong gang like mine. I do agree though that their needs to be some limit on what gangs can attack other gangs. For example when dissence attacks us we get beat bad. I was thinking that the damage done by gangs twice your average level their damage done is reduced by 25% so the bigger gangs still beat the way they do but weaker gangs have a greater chance of fighting back. Just an idea Zen lol
The penalty received for attacking a gang as small as yours is the gang pts received is a LOT lower than a higher avg level gang which is why we never hit you guys. You guys can't beat Dissidence? Sorry, I thought everyone could. :shock:
2008.Jun.11, 04:35 PM

McCule Wrote:[
The penalty received for attacking a gang as small as yours is the gang pts received is a LOT lower than a higher avg level gang which is why we never hit you guys. You guys can't beat Dissidence? Sorry, I thought everyone could. :shock:

yep

the points are way out of whack anyways imo....it should be :

-base=20
-bonus for avg level higher than 20
-total damage done
-bonus for hideout difficulty
-timed war-after so long...say 6 hours, cops bust up the gang war and put losing team in hospital and winners in for short jail terms
-hideout condition when declared upon
-no deduction for hospital stays
-defending members online
-plus pvp points thrown in

doh
2008.Jun.11, 10:42 PM

how do heady points factor in to your scenario big pun?
2008.Jun.11, 10:47 PM

+5 for all

doh
2008.Jun.12, 01:47 PM

About the only thing that pisses me off about wars is the Gang combat bonus. Other than that I am for it. I guess i know what i have to spend all of gang points on, just to be able to compete in gnag battles.