Discouraged about gang wars
2008.Jun.05, 04:11 PM

Marlo Wrote:You dont gotta be friends in RL, but patience is always a virtue!
True, you just have to find when they have an open spot, and apply. Thats all you can do.
2008.Jun.05, 04:35 PM

Actually if I feel a player will be a true asset to the gang, I'm usually willing to round up funds for the next spot!
2008.Jun.06, 01:15 AM

^^^ I agree with. No need to be friends in RL at all. Just depends how you play. I have been offered spots in the large gangs. I am very loyal to my gang. If I had alot of time to play like in the past I would have joined one of them. However, RL is keeping me very busy. The gang I am in is very relaxed. I planned it that way so once a day is good if that is all you could login. That was getting hard for me at times so I transferred the Prez role. If I can get close to how I was playing before then I will ask if the invites to these large gangs are still valid. As it is now I would be more of a liability than an asset. Therefore, I stay here.

I do see your point though. I do not mind getting declared on. It's just the extra GPs people like to farm from me. BLAHH!!!!!!!! LOL
2008.Jun.06, 02:46 AM

another idea, if you know 2 other ppl that always play when you do. do your wars, then one of you leave the gang. this will make you undeclareable for war by other gangs, and protecting your GP too. then when its time to war again, re-apply to your gang.

the only flaw to this plan that i can see is...

perahaps while you are at war, one of the gangs that typically farms you, attacks you and takes your GP. i'd say the odds would be in your favor though.....
2008.Jun.08, 09:49 PM

lrrltt Wrote:Thats one way to go, but your gang will never get stronger, you need to become a diplomat, everyone gets farmed, it just the way it goes, but every gang has a weak point, try to find it. Hell we have lost 30-40 points before and still we did not complain, war, war or join another gang. Also this does not help you cause, people will take this as whinning and be more tempted to hit you.

Good luck
I like this dude. Biggrin Another thing to remember is that if your guys aren't on all the time and aren't fighting back, you're gonna get hit more often. The reason big gangs don't always hit big gangs is b/c we know we're gonna get hit back if we declare. If I was a smaller warring gang and saw all of your players on and knew if i declared on you guys I'd get a longer battle and less longrun war pts I would be less apt to declare constantly. Join a bigger gang, recruit better, more active players or throw in the war towel. It may not be for you. It certainly isn't for everybody.
2008.Jun.08, 09:50 PM

McCule Wrote:
lrrltt Wrote:Thats one way to go, but your gang will never get stronger, you need to become a diplomat, everyone gets farmed, it just the way it goes, but every gang has a weak point, try to find it. Hell we have lost 30-40 points before and still we did not complain, war, war or join another gang. Also this does not help you cause, people will take this as whinning and be more tempted to hit you.

Good luck
I like this dude. Biggrin Another thing to remember is that if your guys aren't on all the time and aren't fighting back, you're gonna get hit more often. The reason big gangs don't always hit big gangs is b/c we know we're gonna get hit back if we declare. If I was a smaller warring gang and saw all of your players on and knew if i declared on you guys I'd get a longer battle and less longrun war pts I would be less apt to declare constantly. Join a bigger gang, recruit better, more active players or throw in the war towel. It may not be for you. It certainly isn't for everybody.

^^take a clue from this guy. he wrote the book on warring.
2008.Jun.10, 06:27 PM

Not sure where this could be but since it is a topic called "Discouraged about gang wars" I figured I would post this here.

How come players can be attacked when in serious during gang wars but players who are serious can't attack? If I want to hit a lower level during a gang war I can't because of being in serious. I think we should be able to attack in serious if we are able to be attacked.
2008.Jun.10, 10:32 PM

Scorpious Wrote:Not sure where this could be but since it is a topic called "Discouraged about gang wars" I figured I would post this here.

How come players can be attacked when in serious during gang wars but players who are serious can't attack? If I want to hit a lower level during a gang war I can't because of being in serious. I think we should be able to attack in serious if we are able to be attacked.

Very good point.
2008.Jun.11, 06:38 AM

Scorpious Wrote:Not sure where this could be but since it is a topic called "Discouraged about gang wars" I figured I would post this here.

I have wondered that myself.
2008.Jun.11, 09:02 AM

What do you think about gangs limited to who they can attack. For example, If the average level in a gang is 15, then they can attack up but not too far down like 5 levels below. There can also be a factor for the number of members in the gang. The attacking member can have not twice the number of members as the other gangs. I know some of the larger gangs will disagree with this idea but this will allow now comers to form their new gang. Bad Idea?