Regarding AntiAxelord [24064]
2008.Dec.03, 11:30 AM

dekarr Wrote:Why is it that an admin or mod should protect a players loan business, or any in game transactions for that matter. While I am against scamming in any form I think it's the responsibility of the players to do smart business or prepare to lay down some hosps. For those who cannot hand out their own retribution, we have Shadowguards and JohnRambos who usually are more than happy to bust on a few nubs. The above is not intended for the OP, just a generalization.

My point was that they have it as a rule but theirs no punishment for it. When a player breaks the muti rule they get punishment for what? possibly 10k more a week, while not effecting other players. Yet when someone robs another player of 700k the punishment has to come from the player.

But their is one that they fear. In their tongue it is nova-king, DRAGONBORN!
2008.Dec.03, 11:34 AM

Didn't you leave?
2008.Dec.03, 11:40 AM

TommiTheTaco Wrote:Didn't you leave?

I have an addiction

2008.Dec.03, 11:42 AM

Same here. ALA?
2008.Dec.03, 11:48 AM

The rule states using game mechanics to ones advantage, what does this include? When I think of the phrase, exploiting systems put in place to do trade comes to mind, such as the credit or item market. When a player opts to do business outside of these systems risk is involved.
2008.Dec.03, 12:47 PM

I'm not sure if I posted this in the forum or in mail, but I am pretty sure I mentioned that running your own loan business is a bad idea. You can have hundreds of happy customers... and all it takes is 1 person who doesn't pay up to ruin it.

As for enforcing it, I try to make players fix the issue on their own. Everyone complains when I step in.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Dec.03, 12:54 PM

Correct there Dekarr IMO. I feel bad for the individual(s) that get scammed from other people but it happens. A loan shark in RL would not go to the police and say somebody took my money from me and they are supposed to pay me 1000% daily compounded with an extra 500% added on daily to each day that ends with a "Y". Loan sharks either handle the issue themselves or they go out and hire muscle or use their own muscle to back up their policies. Grab some big guns to get the cash back. Like SG said, he was for hire. Believe me, he is a good gun to have. Remember the old H4H gang? For "activities" you need to have enforcement. If the Mafia did not have Tony the Knee Breaker or John "Tommi gun" smith as enforcers they would not have been as powerful as they were.
2008.Dec.03, 12:55 PM

Here here Zen. I definitely could not nor did not state it as good as you just did. Smile Smile
2008.Dec.03, 05:07 PM

zenith Wrote:I'm not sure if I posted this in the forum or in mail, but I am pretty sure I mentioned that running your own loan business is a bad idea. You can have hundreds of happy customers... and all it takes is 1 person who doesn't pay up to ruin it.

As for enforcing it, I try to make players fix the issue on their own. Everyone complains when I step in.

I agree zen. I do not really want anyone to step in and take action. I knew the risks of loaning out cash when i decided to do it. I definitely do not want zen/err to step in as this is 'a game of criminals'. The purpose of this thread was to warn others...not complain.

Of course I have transaction records of all my loans however i feel that posting them would be counter-productive as these are easily falsified. I think the proof of antiaxelord's wrongdoing is in the fact that he did not write back to any of my mails...is there any way to look a my previous mails to him that I deleted?

*pauses to breathe*
2008.Dec.03, 05:11 PM

Yes I'll see if I can find it for you