This just in
2006.Sep.26, 10:51 PM

dem soldier boys was meanies! z made them do it! the elders are good guys!
2006.Sep.26, 11:01 PM

LMAO

Anyone ever see the sealab 2021 episode "Red Dawn"?

This thread is starting to remind me of that. I highly reccomend anyone to track it down and watch it if you dont know what im talkin bout.

The whole thing parodys movies/books like "failsafe", "1984", "Dr. strangelove", "wargames" etc....

speacking of which, how bout introducing an ICBM which puts everyone in a certain district in the hospital for a few days?
2006.Sep.26, 11:05 PM

oddjob Wrote:LMAO

This thread is starting to remind me of that. I highly reccomend anyone to track it down and watch it if you dont know what im talkin bout.

The whole thing parodys movies/books like "failsafe", "1984", "Dr. strangelove", "wargames" etc....

speacking of which, how bout introducing an ICBM which puts everyone in a certain district in the hospital for a few days?

Everyone is on the same continent Smile Maybe a SCUD.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2006.Sep.26, 11:13 PM

lol...ya i guess i meant a tactical nuclear missile.... what was the one the north koreans were testing and kept shooting off into the ocean...the Dong?.. or something like that?

ohh thats its (google search) taepo-dong.

thats what AL needs. some taepo-dongs.

(say that phonetically for a childish laugh.)
2006.Sep.26, 11:27 PM

oddjob Wrote:lol...ya i guess i meant a tactical nuclear missile.... what was the one the north koreans were testing and kept shooting off into the ocean...the Dong?.. or something like that?

ohh thats its (google search) taepo-dong.

thats what AL needs. some taepo-dongs.

(say that phonetically for a childish laugh.)

I need to enact the word-censor for that.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2006.Sep.26, 11:42 PM

oddjob Wrote:LMAO

Man, I used to love when Cartoon Network was showing that. They were hilarious.
2006.Sep.27, 12:04 AM

Ok... I actually have a pretty sweet idea on this subject. Here it goes:

A gang has the option to "claim" a district as their turf. While that district is claimed, any player entering that area has to pay a "protection" fee to that gang.

A Gang can only claim 1 area at a time. At least 1 gang member has to occupy the district at all times. If all the gang members leave or all the gang members in that district are killed, then they no longer own that turf and cannot claim any area again for 1 week.

While claiming a district, if a claiming gang member is in that area then they can still be attacked if below 50% health. This way, if the elders claim downtown decatur, everyone can swarm them. You could also do something like, the gang gets some amount of respect for each tick that they hold the district.
2006.Sep.27, 12:10 AM

that sounds really cool. maybe make it wehre there is a possibility of an alliance with it for higher level areas?
2006.Sep.27, 12:14 AM

fastninja Wrote:Ok... I actually have a pretty sweet idea on this subject. Here it goes:

A gang has the option to "claim" a district as their turf. While that district is claimed, any player entering that area has to pay a "protection" fee to that gang.

A Gang can only claim 1 area at a time. At least 1 gang member has to occupy the district at all times. If all the gang members leave or all the gang members in that district are killed, then they no longer own that turf and cannot claim any area again for 1 week.

While claiming a district, if a claiming gang member is in that area then they can still be attacked if below 50% health. This way, if the elders claim downtown decatur, everyone can swarm them. You could also do something like, the gang gets some amount of respect for each tick that they hold the district.

i am interested in ur idea.
but the plan needs several supports
1,there should be more different areas
2,better use the game system to collect the pay of "protection" and deliver to gang
3,gangs fight for area ,winner controls sertain area.
4,chanllenge have to defeat the current owner to gain the control of that area
2006.Sep.27, 01:39 AM

haha well ive been sent to the hospital 5times after they claimed, i was in rural and had no intention of leaving, mostly because im lazy, and because i lose no xp when you guys attack me.

you force me to live outside the computer, and in many ways, thats healthy for me. fresh air, see to my girlfriend(who lives in the same apartment) etc etc many things that may seem new to me after a prolonged period of time.